Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Margaritas

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Margaritas

This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bman 4 years ago.

Tagged

bars

margarita

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

bman
    Login to Send PM

OK there is probably already a thread some where regarding really good margaritas in the Columbus Ohio area but being new I don’t have the time to read through 33,456,000 threads to find it.

Anyone know of REALLY good margarita in a restaurant setting. I will need a few Friday night after moving here! lol

Your opinions will help me out!

Lakee911
    Lakee911
    Login to Send PM

El Vaquero

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I enjoy the El Vaquero margaritas as well, plus they usually have special deals on them on the weekend.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

La Fogata, blood orange margaritas on the rocks. We generally order by the pitcher…usually about 3 or 4 pitchers at a time. :)

bman
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote >>
    La Fogata, blood orange margaritas on the rocks. We generally order by the pitcher…usually about 3 or 4 pitchers at a time. :)

God that sounds good, where is this La Fogata?

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Barrio. On Tuesdays, all tapas are 1/2 price. Drink prices are pretty reasonable.

Lakee911
    Lakee911
    Login to Send PM

bman wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

God that sounds good, where is this La Fogata?

One in the Short North and the other in Pick-town.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Lakee911 wrote >>
    El Vaquero

+1 They’re awesome.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

La Fogata is on High near Hubbard.
    Now I want a rainy day margarita too.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There’s a Mexican Restaurant on the North end named Fiesta Jalisco. Fresh baked chips (ask for the salsa burro as well as their house salsa), excellent entrees, huge booths to sink in, and great margaritas. Their margarita night is Thursday ($3.25), but I order mine with Cazadores Tequila. They have a variety of margaritas to choose from as well – like the Cadillac.

http://www.fiestajalisco.com/

paktinat
    Login to Send PM

I’m not a huge fan of Fiesta Jalisco’s food (not better than el Vaquero to me to justify the drive) but their salsa and margaritas are exceptional.

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

Despite much effort I have yet to find a good Margarita in Columbus.

A good Margarita does NOT have:
    Crushed ice
    fruit juice (except for lime)
    Does not come in fruity flavors
    Is not churning in some machine
    “Gold Tequila”

THIS is a good simple margarita:

1 cup tequila, preferably a young silver or reposado 100% agave tequila–look for widely distributed ones like El Tesoro, Cuervo Tradicional, and Herradura, or search out the distinctive small production tequilas like Chamucos or Suave Patria

1/2 cup Cointreau or other orange liqueur

1/3 cup fresh lime juice, plus a little extra for moistening the rim of the glasses

A little sugar if necessary

About 1/3 cup coarse (Kosher) salt for crusting the rim of the glasses

About 3 cups medium ice cubes

In a small pitcher, combine the tequila, orange liqueur and lime. Taste and decide if you think the mixture needs to be a little sweeter or a little tangier (keep in mind that it will taste a little tangier once it’s been shaken). Add a bit more lime or a touch of sugar, if necessary.

Pour half of the margarita mixture into a cocktail shaker, add half of the ice cubes. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds (this is important to achieve the perfect strength–some of the ice needs to melt into the margarita–and the right degree of frostiness). Strain into the prepared glasses, then repeat with the remaining margarita mixture. Relax and enjoy.

Is that so hard?

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

patient_zero wrote >>
    There’s a Mexican Restaurant on the North end named Fiesta Jalisco. Fresh baked chips (ask for the salsa burro as well as their house salsa), excellent entrees, huge booths to sink in, and great margaritas. Their margarita night is Thursday ($3.25), but I order mine with Cazadores Tequila. They have a variety of margaritas to choose from as well – like the Cadillac.

http://www.fiestajalisco.com/

Right under El Vaquero for me.

Jalisco = A
    El Vaquero = A+

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Sorry Tenzo, but margarita machines are awesome and always a catalyst to great parties. Especially when served by Mr. Barack-a-rita himself.

MARGARITA ELITIST!!!

Just had to do it :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think Banana Bean served me the only margarita I’ve ever had in Columbus that used fresh, real lime juice instead of a mix.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?