Our City Online

Messageboard - Theatre Events

MadLab presents: Age of Bees by Tira Palmquist

Home Forums Events Theatre Events MadLab presents: Age of Bees by Tira Palmquist

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  MadLab Theatre 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MadLab Theatre
    Login to Send PM

Tickets: http://www.madlab.net/MadLab/Buy_Tickets.html

MadLab presents: Age of Bees by Tira Palmquist

November 29-December 22, 2012

all shows at 8pm

Fridays & Saturdays with special Thursday preview on 11/29

Tickets:

$12 regular admission

$10 students/seniors

$8 MadLab members

Tickets: onilne at http://www.madlab.net/MadLab/Buy_Tickets.html

or call 614-221-5418 to make reservations.

It’s the year 2098. The bees are gone, and the world struggles to keep up with the resulting ecological and economic changes.In the midst of this, we meet Mel, a young woman who has found sanctuary on an agricultural compound, where there’s food and safety. She works alongside other girls, also orphans or castoffs. Sarah and Zed, who run the farm, hope that their next child will be a boy; Sarah is at the end of her fertility, however, and, to her dismay, Mel stands next in line to carry children for Zed. Into this uncertain sanctuary steps Jonathan, an independent field researcher who collects samples of plants to forestall additional ecological devastation. Meeting Mel provides a glimmer of other kinds of scientific riches on this compound, and he is determined to take her with him. Zed’s history of violence makes any escape a dangerous proposition.Still, there’s the hope that something new can grow, that something good can come from the ruined world they struggle to make theirs.

Cast:

MaryBeth Griffith as Mel

Travis Horseman as Jonathan

Lexy Weixel as Debra

Courtney Deuser as Sarah

Directed by Jim Azelvandre

Assisted by Aran Carr

mbatt227
    Login to Send PM

I am very excited to see this show. It opens this Thursday!! You should check it out. AND the playwright will be here mid-December. Awesome!!

jinkies
    Login to Send PM

Can’t wait to see it. Great cast and a great director and I am super excited to see the set!

b_horseman
    Login to Send PM

The set is gorgeous! I can’t wait to see the show tonight!

b_horseman
    Login to Send PM

I saw this last night, and it was fantastic! The acting was wonderful, the sound was fabulous, and the set was even more gorgeous in person than in the photos. If you don’t see this show, you will be missing out on something really special.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Theatre Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.