Our City Online

Messageboard - Live Music Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Lydia Loveless, Patrick Sweany, Tim Easton and Mooncussers @ Bluestone 11/21

Home Forums Events Live Music Events Lydia Loveless, Patrick Sweany, Tim Easton and Mooncussers @ Bluestone 11/21

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by blammo blammo 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    blammo
    blammo
    Participant

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know we’re playing this show at the Bluestone on Thanksgiving Eve & we’re pretty stoked about it. I’ve never set foot in the joint before, but I hear it’s pretty huge, so hopefully we can see a few of you that night.

We’re currently in the middle of our first European tour (I am typing this in a hotel room in Leiden, Netherlands) & are flying out of Amsterdam on the 20th, playing this show on the 21st, taking a day off for Thanksgiving, then playing St Louis & Chicago w/ Ha Ha Tonka on the 23rd & 24th respectively, & then hitting the road for 2 more weeks or so. For more details, check out this link:

http://bloodshotrecords.com/events/artist/5063

So since we haven’t been home for awhile, and will only be back for a couple of days…and haven’t played a show in Columbus since our Columbus Commons show in August, we’re really excited to have this opportunity to play such a sweet venue with a kick-ass lineup. We hope to see you out there, and can’t wait to get a real cup of coffee! And…food without peas on the side. (sorry UK but dang…you have some odd food options)

Cheers,

Ben

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant

sounds like a good show! the place is pretty huge, but not as huge as the Commons ;) It is a nice venue, if not a bit odd.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

blammo said:
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know we’re playing this show at the Bluestone on Thanksgiving Eve & we’re pretty stoked about it. I’ve never set foot in the joint before, but I hear it’s pretty huge, so hopefully we can see a few of you that night.

Very cool! It’s a nice venue, and maybe a little Newport-esque, but slightly smaller main room?

Images via Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/liveatthebluestone

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

If you find out your set time, please post it. I gotta bartend that night, but not til late, so I really wanna try to make it down if the timing works…

blammo
    blammo
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I’ll post the set times as soon as i find out…which may be the day of show. I think the order will be Mooncussers, Patrick, Lydia, Tim, if that helps.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant

you guys didn’t pick up weird accents did you?

venue/recent exploits demands that you put together a dubstep DJ set for this.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant

groundrules said:
    you guys didn’t pick up weird accents did you?

venue/recent exploits demands that you put together a dubstep DJ set for this.

Sadly, my version of speaking Dutch is basically me speaking english with a funny accent and a bunch more vowels thrown in at random places. So, yes. Also, we are touring Sweden for 3 weeks in Feb-March, so it’s going to get even worse. Smorgasboard-orgasbord! I should make a special tour shirt featuring the muppet Swedish chef…I’m sure he’s really popular over there.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant

Well, this show is tomorrow! As requested, here are the set times as communicated to me:

Mooncussers: 9pm
    Tim Easton: 10:15pm
    Patrick Sweany: 11:30pm
    Lydia Loveless: 12:45pm

Seems kinda odd to me that we would be playing last, but hopefully people will stick around for the whole set.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Live Music Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.