Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Lucky Ladle gets it right

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Lucky Ladle gets it right

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Tenzo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Tenzo
    Participant

* As I’m sure most of you have seen, I’m pretty ruthless when reviewing a place. That is because I hold a restaurant to a higher standard than my own cooking. If I’m going to eat out and spend my hard earned money I want it done right.

Lucky Ladle does it right.

I found them/her by accident when checking out the Pearl Alley market (strangely on High street). The food is simple, well seasoned, cooked until it marries not blends and fresh. The chili had chopped veggies and grilled meat that I could actually see cut into nice sized morsels. It was obviously never frozen.

She serves some pastries that really do compliment the soups. Nothing too complicated. Due to the lunch hour rush I didn’t get a chance to talk to Shannon. But I’ll be following up on other Thursdays and bringing my friends.

http://www.theluckyladle.com/

*Picture stolen from Amy D

AmyD
    Participant

omg! i can’t wait to tell shannon how nice this is! she’s the best!

You can also get her soup every day at The Kickstart in the Short North

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

the surly girls love lucky ladle! seriously good food.

parker624

is it a store or a booth set up in the market?

crsimp01
    crsimp01
    Participant

A fellow southern Ohio native making some noise..excellent.

Shannon makes the deliciousness. Wonderful stuff.

AmyD
    Participant

parker624 wrote >>
    is it a store or a booth set up in the market?

she has a soup cart (she always wanted to because she loves Confederacy of Dunces) but also supplies The Kickstart with soups and turnovers. yes, i adore her!
    she’s at the Powell farmer’s market tonight until 6-ish

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

She’slso @ the “Farmers” market that is @ the corner of High & Nationwide Blvd. every Thursday during lunch time. From about 11:30 until 1:00. Soups and turnovers are so delicious! I’m also pretty hard to please as my wife is an excellent cook!

AmyD
    Participant

also, there’s one vegan and one dairy/meat option every day

molly12

She was at the first farmer market of the year on NW Blvd Thursday and I had her black bean soup for the first time. YUM. Looking forward to her soup for lunch every week!

KSquared

I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to get food from the Lucky Ladle. I got yellow lentil soup today and it was the best soup I’ve ever eaten. If I wouldn’t feel like a pig, I would walk back down right now and get another bowl. Also had a grass fed beef turnover that was very good. Seriously good food at a very reasonable price – $7 for the soup, a turnover and a very pleasant conversation with Shannon. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.