Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

Looking for Life Drawing sessions - Dr. Sketchy's or similar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Looking for Life Drawing sessions – Dr. Sketchy's or similar

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Shark_Kicker 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Shark_Kicker
    Login to Send PM

I’ve been out of the game for a bit. I’d really like to do some figure drawing. Does anyone know a good life drawing/painting meet up in the Columbus Area? I am not looking for expensive classes, just a friendly life drawing meet up, fees are fine.

HeySquare
    HeySquare
    Login to Send PM

If you are looking for a class situation, you can try the Cultural Arts Center…

http://www.culturalartscenteronline.org/class_list_

I really enjoyed the class I took there.

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

Wild Goose has them twice a month.

jake
    jake
    Login to Send PM

I would also recommend either of these groups (Cultural Arts or Wild Goose), although not a participant, I have modeled for each of these groups (actually will be at Wild Goose this coming Weds. (Sept. 7). While not having a large basis for comparison, I can say that both of them are pretty low-key. If you’re looking for instruction, neither are a guided class. The Arts Center offers a little more, with a critique session held at the end of the session. Wild Goose is simply a gathering of artists who show up, set up their area, and commence drawing as soon as the model drops his/her robe.

Wild Goose (1st/3rd Weds, 7-9p) starts out with several short gesture poses, moves along to longer poses, before finishing up with one or two long (30-40 min. +) poses. Arts Center does about the same on the Saturday morning session (9-12), but the Friday (9a-12n) session tends to prefer one single 3-hour pose (with breaks).

Hope this was helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?