Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

Les Miserables

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Les Miserables

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was not interested in seeing this until I found out the actors are singing live to film. That is an impressive risk.

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The drama geek girl in me is DYING to see this movie. I saw the play twice and almost drowned the person in front of me, I sobbed so hard.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I saw this with my fiance who was dying to see it. @Catnfiddle, she bawled about 20 times during the movie. I think you’ll like it.

I’ve seen the play (when it came to Cbus) and wasn’t too impressed. I have to say, I like the movie much more. I’m not big on musicals, but watching the big screen version really helps me understand the storyline. Watching a play, it was hard for me to understand the lyrics and dialogue.

Wolverine and Catwoman were incredible in this film. I was astounded by their performances and their singing. I really wish they had someone other then Crowe. He’s an average singer, which makes me scratch my head as to why he was cast.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It was kind of meh for me. While I appreciated (most) of the singing and performances, Hooper’s inability to zoom out got really tiring after 2 1/2 hours. Sure its nice to see the actor’s up close, but its also nice to see the set design instead of someone’s uvula in the middle of I Dreamed a Dream.

AlanBarber
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve never seen the show so it was the first time for me.

It started out a little rough, as geoyui mentioned Crowe’s singing wasn’t that good IMO, so I was afraid I was about to sit through 2 1/2 hours of big name actors poorly singing… but it picked up and overall I enjoyed it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?