Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Les Miserables

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Les Miserables

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant

I was not interested in seeing this until I found out the actors are singing live to film. That is an impressive risk.

catnfiddle
    Participant

The drama geek girl in me is DYING to see this movie. I saw the play twice and almost drowned the person in front of me, I sobbed so hard.

geoyui
    Participant

I saw this with my fiance who was dying to see it. @Catnfiddle, she bawled about 20 times during the movie. I think you’ll like it.

I’ve seen the play (when it came to Cbus) and wasn’t too impressed. I have to say, I like the movie much more. I’m not big on musicals, but watching the big screen version really helps me understand the storyline. Watching a play, it was hard for me to understand the lyrics and dialogue.

Wolverine and Catwoman were incredible in this film. I was astounded by their performances and their singing. I really wish they had someone other then Crowe. He’s an average singer, which makes me scratch my head as to why he was cast.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

It was kind of meh for me. While I appreciated (most) of the singing and performances, Hooper’s inability to zoom out got really tiring after 2 1/2 hours. Sure its nice to see the actor’s up close, but its also nice to see the set design instead of someone’s uvula in the middle of I Dreamed a Dream.

AlanBarber
    Participant

I’ve never seen the show so it was the first time for me.

It started out a little rough, as geoyui mentioned Crowe’s singing wasn’t that good IMO, so I was afraid I was about to sit through 2 1/2 hours of big name actors poorly singing… but it picked up and overall I enjoyed it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.