Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

Lance Armstrong

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Lance Armstrong

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Twixlen 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bjx
    bjx
    Login to Send PM

FSonicSmith said:

I agree with much of your great post, but this part not so much.

Thanks!

Mmm…yeah, my own exposure of the sport is limited to pasty middle-aged fatsos so I assumed that a competition bicycle HAD to cost at least a few grand. I didn’t consider those outside of the U.S. Although in my defense, if forgetting about the rest of the world doesn’t deem me to be a patriotic American, then I don’t know what does!

bjx
    bjx
    Login to Send PM
    groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

elbatrop said:
    ya merely scratching the surface and Armstrong cycling appears clean, dig slightly deeper and the dirt is everywhere

fixed.

FSonicSmith said:
    The reality is this; 1)Blatantly illegal PEDs are rampant in professional cycling and have been for over 40 years if not longer; 2)The organizers of the TdF failed to devote the funding necessary to keep the testing protocols at the cutting edge level necessary to be effective-so to put it plainly and simply-the fact that LA never had a test sample come back positive means little other than the obvious-that he did not get caught.

so he beat a bunch of cheaters at their own game.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Source tells AP that cyclist said he used PEDs to win Tour de France
    BY JIM VERTUNO AND JIM LITKE
    updated 7:33 p.m. ET Jan. 14, 2013

AUSTIN, Texas – After a decade of denial, Lance Armstrong has finally come clean: He used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France.

The disgraced cyclist made the confession to Oprah Winfrey during an interview taped Monday, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the interview is to be broadcast Thursday on Winfrey’s network.

READ MORE: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50460308/ns/sports-cycling/

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If you’re riding a LeMond this week you are a Kool Kid.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Victims of Lance Armstrong’s intimidation

Doping might sometimes be a victimless crime, but not in the case of Lance Armstrong, whose drug abuse and illicit blood transfusions created a phony empire of wealth, adulation and power that had to be protected at all costs.

The Armstrong myth was so lucrative that suppressing the truth came to require an endless behind-the-scenes campaign to bully and intimidate people into silence. Some of it bordered on gangsterism. Some of it was dressed up in the respectable wardrobe of elite law firms. But mostly it was just hot air – a fact that by 2010 had become clear enough to Floyd Landis that he stepped up and burst the bubble, blowing the whistle on the whole big fraud.

In 2008, when the Daily News started reporting in earnest on the growing evidence that Armstrong had cheated, we found that paranoia struck deep in the cycling world. It’s a small industry, and Armstrong was a transcendent figure, so powerful inside his sport that people feared for their livelihoods and reputations if they crossed him.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

All these lies and cheating and intimidation make me feel like Armstrong would make a really good politician, president even!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?