Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Jack-FM 98.9 - Finally a REALLY different radio station hits town!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Jack-FM 98.9 – Finally a REALLY different radio station hits town!

This topic contains 45 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  TomP301 2 years, 1 month ago.

Tagged

jackfm

radio

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    bjones7
    bjones7
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Talk stations belong on A.M or low power F.M not in between a top 40 (97.9) and a rock station (99.7)

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The new “98.9 THE ANSWER” will carry the usual SALEM lineup of BILL BENNETT, MIKE GALLAGHER, DENNIS PRAGER, MICHAEL MEDVED and HUGH HEWITT, plus DIAL GLOBAL’s DENNIS MILLER and COMPASS MEDIA NETWORKS’ LARS LARSON.

Sounds like a really shitty lineup.

honestlyinsincere
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Tried to listen to JACK FM today…instead I heard a man ranting about how the marriage of two consenting adults is dangerous for the moral composition of our nation and threatens our very existence. BUMMER.

mavrck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The “Jack” format is so 2008. Not that talk on the FM band is any better. The radio industry is soooo lost.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

As much as I dislike conservative talk radio, it makes me happy to know that I will never hear Jack FM insult the Italian Village ever again. If you aren’t familiar with their brand of “humor”, Jack FM had a brief spot where they said, “Broadcasting from a dumpy little building in the Italian Village.” Well that “dumpy little building” happens to be the beautifully restored Berry Boltworks builing which is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Jack FM, You will be missed. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Liner Notes said:
    As much as I dislike conservative talk radio, it makes me happy to know that I will never hear Jack FM insult the Italian Village ever again. If you aren’t familiar with their brand of “humor”, Jack FM had a brief spot where they said, “Broadcasting from a dumpy little building in the Italian Village.” Well that “dumpy little building” happens to be the beautifully restored Berry Boltworks builing which is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Jack FM, You will be missed. ;)

Heh. I heard that spot on there but didn’t realize where they operated from. The only thought I had when hearing it was “Weird… there’s not too many dumpy buildings in Italian Village these days…” ;)

ntn
    ntn
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Whaaaaat!? That building is incredible!

turbo ninja
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Is this the format Salem was trying to put on 102.5 a few months back, shortly after CD101 moved their frequency and relocated their studios and then had to re-organize itself under Randy Malloy? If so, the net loss to Columbus radio would’ve been even worse and Randy deserves all the gratitude in the world for fending off the takeover.

bjones7
    bjones7
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow you guys really do get lost in your own mess, don’t you? I don’t think the point was to call the Italian Village a dump. It was their sense of humor. Due to format they had to humor their audience some how, other than random music. Another example was Low Paid Lee and JackTivities. Columbus needed a station like that. I believe it was the most unique station in Columbus. It was really the only station that PLAYED A TRUE MIX of the best hits from the last 40 years. You never knew what would be played next.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

bjones7 said:
    Wow you guys really do get lost in your own mess, don’t you? I don’t think the point was to call the Italian Village a dump. It was their sense of humor.

Yeah… it was their sense of humor… but that doesn’t mean everyone will find it funny.

This is a great building. Is calling it “dumpy” something everyone should find hilarious comedy gold?

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Yeah… it was their sense of humor… but that doesn’t mean everyone will find it funny.

This is a great building. Is calling it “dumpy” something everyone should find hilarious comedy gold?

Where in New Albany is that?

:P

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This will be like the 9 millionth format for this frequency since I was a kid.

people211
    people211
    Login to Send PM

This isn’t going to help Columbus get an Identity…………………..

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bjones7 said:
    Wow you guys really do get lost in your own mess, don’t you? I don’t think the point was to call the Italian Village a dump. It was their sense of humor. Due to format they had to humor their audience some how, other than random music. Another example was Low Paid Lee and JackTivities. Columbus needed a station like that. I believe it was the most unique station in Columbus. It was really the only station that PLAYED A TRUE MIX of the best hits from the last 40 years. You never knew what would be played next.

I guess I would have found that joke a lot funnier if they were broadcasting from a dumpy little building in Downtown Worthington. ;)

As for the format, sure they had the most extensive ipod playlist ever.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    Where in New Albany is that?

The window treatments do give it that “rural barn” sort of vibe that you see out there… though the black metal fencing certainly clashes with the New Albany white fence aesthetic. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?