Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

ISP/wifi recommendations?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A ISP/wifi recommendations?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by rustbelt rustbelt 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rustbelt
    rustbelt
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone care to recommend an ISP to me, based on your own experience? Wifi is preferable. I’m also looking to avoid (as much as possible) any hidden or semi-hidden start up, installation, etc charges as I may move in the next few months.

Reading through the various literature from Wow, Time Warner, AT&T, etc only seems to confuse me more, and few of them seem up front about their pricing.

I’m also not against bundling, as I pay far too much for cable these days.

Thanks in advance.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rustbelt wrote >>
    Anyone care to recommend an ISP to me, based on your own experience? Wifi is preferable. I’m also looking to avoid (as much as possible) any hidden or semi-hidden start up, installation, etc charges as I may move in the next few months.
    Reading through the various literature from Wow, Time Warner, AT&T, etc only seems to confuse me more, and few of them seem up front about their pricing.
    I’m also not against bundling, as I pay far too much for cable these days.
    Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you want. I have been an AT&T customer for a long time, but I have been constantly afflicted with them “redefining” their speed rate for the plan I had the whole time. If speed is your thing, I just switched to TWC and really found the experience painless. $54 for the first month (include $10 install fee), and $45 thereafter. That price includes their “turboboost” essentially guaranteeing me at least twice my best DSL speed ever purchased even when it’s slow, and up to 15MBPS when traffic is light. I’d say I probably won’t go back to DSL ever, and going higher quality than the current package really doesn’t improve performance unless you’re a really heavy downloader/uploader, plus the costs are prohibitive.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

AT&T uVerse is excellent (coming from an ex-Time Warner customer). I’ll never go back to Time Warner.

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve had negative experiences with Time Warner, so I’m with AT&T as well, using their AT&T Yahoo! DSL service at the highest consumer tier (6.0 Mbps). It’s been fast enough for everything I’ve needed it for, and customer service has generally been responsive (and generally capable English speakers, which can’t be taken for granted anymore). I have heard that TWC can be faster, though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?