Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Is Columbus Ready To Host A National Political Convention?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Is Columbus Ready To Host A National Political Convention?

This topic contains 273 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by Caleb Caleb 9 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 274 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    FTFY ;-)

I would much prefer the GOP convention. At least then I wouldn’t have to read a couple dozen posts from you and Snarf complaining about the traffic and security from the Dem convention. ;)

lifeontwowheels
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    Naw, I’d figure out something hideous & tacky to sell – likely covered in eagles & American flags & guns and take all those Republican dollars.

If we get a convention, I’m staking out the strip clubs and causing the next national scandal.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    I would much prefer the GOP convention. At least then I wouldn’t have to read a couple dozen posts from you and Snarf complaining about the traffic and security from the Dem convention. ;)

Now why would you think I wouldn’t complain about traffic disruptions from a gop convention? Not enough bikes? ;-)

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    Naw, I’d figure out something hideous & tacky to sell – likely covered in eagles & American flags & guns and take all those Republican dollars.

As opposed to a dem convention, where you could sell hammer and sickle flags and che guevara t-shirts? ;-)

tdziemia
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Time to send folks to their respective corners yet?

I bet we’re all less prickly and combative in person than out here? (I mean, except for the dog).

tdziemia
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Did my human imply I’m prickly? Just today I got a compliment on how soft my fur is. I think that’s the opposite of prickly, right (yeah, some of us have good vocabularies).

As for combative, never met a woman I didn’t like, and any guy that’s got somethin’ to do with bacon is fine by me. Just don’t show up in a uniform, and especially with a hat. That get’s my fur ruffled, and then funny stuff starts to happen, and before you know it, I’ve got a pantsleg in my mouth and my human gets all bent out of shape like I’ve shit inside or something.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Buster Bluth said:
    Can you imagine if the GOP put the RNC in Columbus? 60% of CU’s most frequent writers would man the protest areas. I’d pay to see it. :) CU would lose Rus for several days. :)

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

geoyui said:

HA! More like a libertarian convention, but I think the last one around here was held in a Dennys.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

NEOBuckeye said:
    Could Columbus host a political convention? Sure. My question is, why the heck would you want one here? The disruption to life and local business plus the final bill for all the associated Orwellian crap that passes for security these days isn’t worth all of the headaches and hassle. At least go after something fun and truly meaningful, like the Olympics.

while I agree the olympics are very meaningful and is also my favorite sporting event ever, the final bill would dwarf a national political convention.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    HA! More like a libertarian convention, but I think the last one around here was held in a Dennys.

last one i went to was in a rather cheap hotel but that was *years* ago.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    HA! More like a libertarian unicorn convention, but I think the last one around here was held in a Dennys.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joev said:

What, you hoping for a date to the next bronycon?

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    What, you hoping for a date to the next bronycon?

A libertarian convention would be based as much in reality as a Bronycon. ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joev said:
    A libertarian convention would be based as much in reality as a Bronycon. ;)

I’m not surprised you’d consider personal freedom to be an unrealistic idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?