Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Human Trafficking

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Human Trafficking

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sugarplumclarey 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Login to Send PM

It’s individuals expressing a personal opinion. I think there is an element of individuals who share similar views but it gets kind of old to hear “CU hates [business/individual/media]”

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    It’s individuals expressing a personal opinion. I think there is an element of individuals who share similar views but it gets kind of old to hear “CU hates [business/individual/media]“

Folks who say that have probably just not seen or noticed the threads full of harsh arguing between the folks here. Sometimes people agree on stuff, sometimes they don’t. Like any other group of people. *shrug*

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If I’ve besmirched CU as a whole, I apologize. It’s not my intent.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    It’s individuals expressing a personal opinion. I think there is an element of individuals who share similar views but it gets kind of old to hear “CU hates [business/individual/media]“

Exactly.

SJT
    SJT
    Login to Send PM

Mercurius wrote >>
    NFS Ohio Fundraiser
    Freedom Follies 2009
    November 12, 7 p.m.
    Wild Goose Creative (2491 Summit St.)

Bump- since this event is tonight. $8 in advance, $10@ door.

sugarplumclarey
    Login to Send PM

I’d love to go. Curious to know – is this a social event or will there be a speaker? Secondly, any idea if a 1 year old would be welcome? Thanks :)

SJT
    SJT
    Login to Send PM

From WGC’s website- It’s totally social& I would think if you showed up early to give support& eat some food& maybe buy some jewelry, having the little one there for a bit would be ok..??

Freedom follies is a night of fire-spinning, belly-dancing, local music, food and art to raise awareness and moola to fight human trafficking. Come hungry and thirsty (it’s BYO and we’ll have drinks, too) and ready to shop for gifts made by survivors.

Marvin the robot, ghost shirt and the thrashers will perform with many others. Proceeds will benefit: the Central Ohio Rescue and Restore Coalition, Gracehaven here in Columbus, Not For Sale in Peru, Somaly Mam in s.e. Asia and Rahab in Costa Rica (all rescue and restore operations).

Tickets are $8/$10 at the door. The dress code is dreaminess.

When: Thursday, November 12th @7pm

Where: Wild Goose Creative 2491 Summit Street, Columbus, OH 43202

sugarplumclarey
    Login to Send PM

Super, thanks for the info! I’m going to show up for a little while with baby in tow. Do you know if it’s cash-only purchases & tix? Thanks again :)

sugarplumclarey
    Login to Send PM

Got marooned at home with my cranky baby. Hopefully it went well & I’d love to stay tuned to any related events. Sounds like it would have been a lot of fun!

sugarplumclarey
    Login to Send PM

AP released an article today: ” Hundreds Forced Into Labor, Sex in Ohio.” Excerpt:

About 1,000 American-born children are forced into the sex trade in Ohio every year and about 800 immigrants are sexually exploited and pushed into sweatshop-type jobs…

Yikes.

TomOver
    Login to Send PM
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Kasich Says More Human Trafficking Changes To Come
    January 11, 2013
    by The Associated Press

Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he’ll back further legislation this session bolstering the state’s legal crackdown on human trafficking.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2013/01/11/kasich-says-more-human-trafficking-changes-to-come/

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?