Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Yankee on High - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Yankee on High – News & Updates

This topic contains 81 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by News News 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Latest rumor was a burger place with a golf pro’s name on it. Any golf/burger fans heard any chatter?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Via email:

———-

Still nothing new with regard to the Yankee Trader building on High St. We are developing the upper two floors as residential units and the street level will be developed as retail , possibly restaurant space. We have not yet determined for certain if we will be leasing the space to another operator , or putting in our own restaurant . All options are on the table. We are strongly considering doing our own restaurant …but still undecided. Whatever goes in that spot will be high end., to be certain.

We will know more mid-summer on our plan for the 457 High St building.

Thank You for checking in.

Richard Hauck
    Principal
    Hyde Park Restaurant Group

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Flip Side commits to Yankee Trader site, clearing renovation plan
    Premium content from Business First by Brian R. Ball, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, June 1, 2012, 6:00am EDT – Last Modified: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 2:58pm EDT

Redevelopment of the former Yankee Trader building in Columbus will begin this summer, bringing apartments and a Flip Side gourmet burger restaurant to the site near the North Market.

The property at 463 N. High St. was sold to an affiliate of Triad Architects Ltd. in mid-2011. The design firm plans to renovate the second floor for its offices and the top three floors will be divided into 11 apartments.

The 20,000-square-foot project has cleared the city’s Downtown Commission review and has resolved all but a few details with the Historic Resources Commission.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/06/01/flip-side-commits-to-yankee-trader.html

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow. I won’t have to go to Easton. Funny that the Easton location asked for beer.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

I am sure it will be a hit with the convention crowd, but personally I am tired of all of the chain gourmet burger places popping up. Is it that much better than something I could get at Barley’s?

scottlitch
    scottlitch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Great news to me! Flip Side has great food and a terrific beer selection. I look forward to it opening there.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Still leaves the question about the “hyde park” group plans on 457 High Street

Pro Se
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The Ohio Department of Development approved a tax credit relative to this development, according to The Dispatch. Hopefully, it can now move forward.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It would be nice to see Wall St. closed off (which doesn’t serve much of a purpose IMO) and have Barleys and future YT tenants spill out the back with patio space.

Pro Se
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That would be great but I wonder about service access to those businesses. While we are on the topic, I would love to know whether the North Market would ever consider developing the parking lot. My thinking is the additional parking spots being added across the street (and in the area generally) may make alleviate the necessity for the lot. Perhaps Walker, who I believe is on the North Market Board, can shed some light.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

Pro Se said:
    While we are on the topic, I would love to know whether the North Market would ever consider developing the parking lot. My thinking is the additional parking spots being added across the street (and in the area generally) may make alleviate the necessity for the lot. Perhaps Walker, who I believe is on the North Market Board, can shed some light.

+1

With what seems like the imminent closing of the VV Giant Eagle approaching, I think an expanded North Market with expanded hours could capitalize to a degree on the loss. VV has always prided itself on walkability and though further, I think most would make the effort.

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jpizzow said:
    It would be nice to see Wall St. closed off (which doesn’t serve much of a purpose IMO) and have Barleys and future YT tenants spill out the back with patio space.

Sounds like a brilliant idea!

ZHC
    Login to Send PM

Pro Se said:
    While we are on the topic, I would love to know whether the North Market would ever consider developing the parking lot. My thinking is the additional parking spots being added across the street (and in the area generally) may make alleviate the necessity for the lot.

Given that the parking lot is from what I’ve heard a major revenue stream for the market and that they’d likely go well into the red without it, I doubt it. Not to mention it’s very convenient for their customers.

The only way I could see it happening is if whatever would be developed would have enough dedicated spots for the market patrons and provide equal or greater income for the market.

never say never, but the lot is pretty important to the well being of the market.

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

The City of Columbus owns both the North Market building and the North Market parking lot. It is a very benevolent landlord but, as has been said, that lot is a breadwinner for the North Market and would probably take s lot of string pulling to alter.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jpizzow said:

That is a loading zone. The businesses abutting it pay to use it (and other businesses on the adjacent blocks benefit), the dozen or so meters there are always full, and because of the one way traffic on Spruce there is no where else to go other than High St. That alley is a lifeline.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?