Our City Online

Messageboard - Classifieds

Houlihan's in Upper Arlington hiring Culinary Team Members

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Classifieds Houlihan's in Upper Arlington hiring Culinary Team Members

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Houlihans182 Houlihans182 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Houlihans182
    Houlihans182
    Login to Send PM

Houlihan’s is opening a brand new restaurant in Upper Arlington and we’re putting together an experienced Culinary Team. In addition to pure hospitality and the ability to work with others on the team, another trait we look for in our crewmembers is a contemporary savviness. As a company we are constantly keeping up with the latest trends, musicians and artists of the time. If you’re interested please apply at Houlihans.com/apply and select the Upper Arlington location.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I drove past this the other day. Looks like it’s almost finished – I assume it’s a chain restaurant, but I’ve never heard of it.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

“Contemporary savviness?” Sounds like a wonderful code phrase for anyone over 40 need not apply.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

I searched for the antonym of ‘contemporary savviness’ using my handy smartphone app and this popped up:

G. A. Colin
    Login to Send PM

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Having been to Houlihan’s more than my fair share of times, I’ve never got the impression that any of the staff was keeping up with cultural trends, but maybe that explains why one of those locations is now a Vaqueros and the other is a barbeque joint.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Upper Arlingtons(?) are afraid of anything that isn’t a chain establishment….minus a few good places scattered about. Actually, UA has a pretty lacking dining selection overall considering the population.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

How many pieces of flair are required?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

There’s more info on the restaurant here, for those who aren’t looking for a job. ;)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/kingsdale-houlihans

Houlihans182
    Houlihans182
    Login to Send PM
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    Upper Arlingtons(?) are afraid of anything that isn’t a chain establishment.

how many do you hang out with on a regular basis who say this?

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Seriously. Take heed before making sweeping generalizations about parts of this city and it’s inhabitants based on your made-up assumptions.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?