Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

Holiday Punch Recipe - adult

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Holiday Punch Recipe – adult

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bman 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bman
    Login to Send PM

Hosting some people from work and would like a new really unique holiday punch recipe. Any suggestions?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bman
    Login to Send PM

Thanks Snarf … that does sound great and festive! Thanks.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Nice looking punch, Snarf. Andrew Hall and Bear likly have some great suggestions, too.

I went to the Middle West site and found a great holiday punch if you are aiming for a locavore option:

WINTER FLUSH PUNCH

1 oz OYO Stone Fruit Vodka
    1 oz Cointreau (Orange Liqueur) or Bourbon (for a dark spirit twist)
    1 oz Pomegranate Juice
    Fresh grated cinnamon and nutmeg
    Chopped Seasonal Fruit (Apples, Pears, Peaches, etc)
    3-4 drops of Angostura Bitters

Build all in large container, multiplying by number of people you plan to serve. This recipe is for ONE portion. Chop fruit in small bites and let soak in punch for one hour prior to serving.

bman
    Login to Send PM

Thanks PZ … my guests are going to think Bobby Flay coached me! lol

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ha! Our secret. I’m not sure what else you are serving for the party, but I thought a limoncello trifle would be nice substituted with Columbus-made Tessora liqueur.

http://www.fairlady.com/food/recipes/desserts/limoncello-trifle

[Serves 8]

2 x 280g Madeira cakes
    ½ cup limoncello Tessora
    2 x 250g tubs crème fraîche
    Zest of 2 lemons
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1 cup strawberries, chopped
    and mashed with a fork
    ½ cup icing sugar

1 Slice the Madeira cake and cut into shapes to fit serving glasses. Place a round of cake in the base of each individual glass. Drizzle with a little limoncello. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
    2 In a bowl, combine half the crème fraîche with lemon juice and zest. Spoon over Madeira cake. Top with another round of Madeira cake. Drizzle with limoncello.
    3 In another bowl, mix together remaining crème fraîche, strawberries and icing sugar. Spoon into
    glasses. Top with another round of cake and drizzle over a little more limoncello.
    4 Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with strawberry crème fraîche. Let stand for at least half an hour before serving.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?