Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview - Hoggy's Closes All Stores

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview – Hoggy's Closes All Stores

This topic contains 398 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jimmyking 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 399 total)
  • Author

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    I support Grandview as shorthand for Grandview Heights. ;)

Let’s just call it ‘The Heights’

I’m guilty of calling it GV. I call German Village, German Village

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I support GermVille as shorthand for German Village. ;)

peanutnozone
    peanutnozone
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When did abbrevs b’com p’plr fr ev t.u.a.t.t?

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sounds like the 5th Avenue old Hoggy’s will become a Winking Lizard….not sure if this has already been mentioned…

NEOBuckeye
    NEOBuckeye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

tolemac5050 said:
    Sounds like the 5th Avenue old Hoggy’s will become a Winking Lizard….not sure if this has already been mentioned…

Very nice, if true. It should fit in very well within the Grandview Ave. corridor.

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

It will do great. Was with some friends at Byrnes and had to park a couple of blocks over, it was really not an issue at all and a nice walk in a nice area is always welcome. I think Winking Lizard will be a good fit.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s Official …

futureman said:
    Winking Lizard taking Hoggy’s site on 5th Ave. near Grandview
    Premium content from Business First by Dan Eaton, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, July 13, 2012, 6:00am EDT – Last Modified: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 5:59pm EDT

The pig has flown. The lizard is stepping in.

Winking Lizard Inc. is the latest tenant to step into a space vacated by Hoggy’s when it went into receivership this year. The Bedford Heights-based chain plans to open a Winking Lizard Bar & Grill in the former barbecue joint at 1416 W. Fifth Ave. near Grandview Heights.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/07/13/winking-lizard-taking-hoggys-site-on.html

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So, someone said the wings are good?

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Winking Lizard plans major expansion
    By Rick Armon
    Beacon Journal staff writer
    Published: August 3, 2012

The Winking Lizard Tavern is embarking on an aggressive expansion project that includes opening five new restaurants in the Akron, Canton, Cleveland and Columbus markets.

READ MORE: http://www.ohio.com/news/local-news/winking-lizard-plans-major-expansion-1.324598

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Winking Lizard has above average bar food, good/great beer selection, plenty of TV’s, and a good amount of daily/nightly specials.

Sundays are a pizza and wings for only $13-$14. Perfect for some NFL gameday action.

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It appears that the Dublin Hoggy’s location (Sawmill and Hard Rd), is being replaced by 101 Beer Kitchen (or something similar). Construction is underway now.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

pez said:
    It appears that the Dublin Hoggy’s location (Sawmill and Hard Rd), is being replaced by 101 Beer Kitchen (or something similar). Construction is underway now.

I live close to there, and used to go to that Hoggy’s. Never heard of 101.

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    I live close to there, and used to go to that Hoggy’s. Never heard of 101.

Got the name from one of the neighbors, so not sure how accurate it is. Some details here…

http://www.dublin.oh.us/council/2012/agenda/8-8-12/pdf/LiquorPermitGRBrewing.pdf

On another note, since you’re local, sounds like the old Kroger across the street is finally coming down for a Walmart or other big box/grocery and a smaller anchor. Plans appear to be for demolition from Kroger to (and including) Westshore Pizza. The rest from Amul India down would be refurbed. Look for some action as early as September, all subject to change of course.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow interesting.

Side note, I love Amul India. :)

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

pez said:

Sign is up today. 101 Beer Kitchen – Rustic (iirc) cuisine and craft beers. Opens Oct. 1

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?