Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

Highball Halloween 2011 - Friday, October 28th

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Highball Halloween 2011 – Friday, October 28th

This topic contains 48 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Stopped in the new “Goody Boy” bar to watch the World Series. Nice bar, huge patio, alot of tv’s, but $5 Yuengling drafts??. Hope that was just an event price. It was a ghoul place to hang out with some ghoul friends for the night.

Matt Ellis
    Matt Ellis
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Had a blast last night at Highball. The whiskey spiked apple cider helped keep the winter snap at bay.

I added the pictures I took to my G+ steam:
    Highball Pictures

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

The Idea Foundry puppets were AMAZING! There could have been 10 more of those roaming the streets! So cool! I loved that they gave the party a higher dimension.
    Stage was great this year. Location super. I had a great time!

Coy
    Coy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

MattEllis said:
    Had a blast last night at Highball. The whiskey spiked apple cider helped keep the winter snap at bay.

I added the pictures I took to my G+ steam:
    Highball Pictures

Great pics! Thanks for posting!

I was one of the ones mixing up that hot cider (third year in a row) and it is def the best drink avail on a chilly night. And my favorite festival volunteer gig of the year.
    This was by far the best laid out Highball yet.
    The new stage position was fantastic, and the remote video cast of the main stage at one of the smaller stages was brilliant!

(p.s. that was rum, not whiskey, in that cider!)

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

I really liked the location this year everything seemed to work out really well. As far as parking I was able to find plenty of street parking on 4th by the WP elementary school.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

one of the official highball drinks got my friend drunk, (it was a blue one,) and she had to drive home drunk, and so now she’s considering suing the city.

just FYI.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 said:
    one of the official highball drinks got my friend drunk, (it was a blue one,) and she had to drive home drunk, and so now she’s considering suing the city.

just FYI.

I’m pretty sure she could’ve opted to sleep it off next to Big Momma on the beloved High St. sofa.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

The event was a blast this year. people in the streets seemed so happy and free spirited that it was an awesome scene to be a part of. Loved the music and video feed throughout the venue and the rad crowds coming from every direction all night long.

I had great feedback on the glow mural even if it was a tricky situation with the city lights to make a wall glow. Had a great time either way! Really look forward to next year now.

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

Those giant puppet things were great! Thanks for making them.

wassan
    wassan
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 said:

just FYI.

That’s hilarious. She HAD to drive home drunk? Someone forced her to drive down, drink alcohol, then drive drunk? I really hope she does sue the city.

alisonhorn
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Some more great photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisonhorn/

Highball-426.jpg

Highball-423.jpg

Highball-421.jpg

Highball-127.jpg

Hey! I had a huge jump in hits on these photos of mine you linked to today so I’m stopping by to say thanks; glad you like them!

What a fantastic event this year!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Oh, very cool! Glad to hear people are checking out your photos! They look great! :D

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

Went on a short trip to NYC and ran into some New Yorkers who were at Highball. They seemed very much into the art scene and did not stop talking about the Idea Foundry’s giant puppets (which led to other discussions of Columbus’ growing art co-ops). Good job spreading Columbus as a happening place.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.