Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

Highball Halloween 2011 - Friday, October 28th

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Highball Halloween 2011 – Friday, October 28th

This topic contains 48 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

What’s New at HighBall in 2011?
    By: Walker

The simple answer to that question is… a lot!

The fourth annual HighBall Masquerade on High returns this Friday to offer an estimated 20,000 costumed patrons another opportunity to party in the streets and celebrate the local arts, culture and fashion of the Halloween holiday.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/whats-new-at-highball-in-2011

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

who else is going…

in

TheyCallMeTBone
    TheyCallMeTBone
    Login to Send PM

I live in Italian Village and have friends who live directly above Zen Cha Tea Salon on High throwing a party tonight, and I plan on walking there. Is someone going to try and charge me $$$ to walk down High Street?

edit: not a cheap-ass, I just want to know

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Anne & I will be there!

TBone – A portion of High Street will be closed for the party. If you’re going inside the party, then yeah, you’re expected to pay.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What the Rock?! will be open until 10pm tonight. We will have free tarot card readings by Dawn Thompson from 8-10p.

My understanding is that if you are shopping the local stores, you can tell them at the gate and they should let you through without paying. However, if you plan on participating in other festivities like drinking, costume contest etc., your patronage is expected.

We hope to see you tonight!

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

Liner Notes said:
    My understanding is that if you are shopping the local stores, you can tell them at the gate and they should let you through without paying.

good to know, thanks

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. But I don’t believe the Highball folks ever publicized any parking plan for businesses and party goers. I think it would have been nice to supply a map of open parking in the area. My suggestion for shoppers during the day is to look for on street parking a block off of High St. in either direction. And perhaps The Gateway parking garage for those attending the event tonight.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

Due to the crowds I am planning on parking around Summit and 5th and walking over. Are there any parking permit restrictions in this area at night?

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

you should just incorporate your car as part of your costume, that way you won’t have to park it.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker, thanks for posting that link. It should be noted that contrary to their info, meters are bagged between 4th and 6th on High St.

Also, I don’t know of any permit only zones in the Summit & 5th area. But beware that traffic is being diverted down Summit from 5th Ave. So my guess is that area will be filling up fast.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I always parked downtown & bus’d in… it was fast, easy and in previous years, they offered a special rate.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike said:
    for the life of me I simply can’t think of a costume idea. Sadly, I fear I shall be dressed as my evil twin.

I would ask people to post suggestions, but I’m terrified of what those suggestions would end up being, given the fevered imaginations of CUers.

I thought of one. It will be in my usual bad taste. Two words: Cherenkov radiation!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    I always parked downtown & bus’d in… it was fast, easy and in previous years, they offered a special rate.

That would be my advice. The #21 runs late.

Also, the South Campus Gateway garage at 11th is only 6 blocks from 5th Ave, which isn’t a super long walk.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Had a blast last night! Good times once again, and great costumes! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.