Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Help! Wedding Photography for $1000 possible?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Help! Wedding Photography for $1000 possible?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wed09 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

wed09
    Login to Send PM

Can anyone suggest a wedding photographer that they have experience with that would be able to work within my wedding photography budget of $1000? My wedding is in October and I’ve been casually and now frantically searching since January. Coverage is most important to us. We could forgo print packages and wedding albums.

I’ve met some nice people. But, looking at some of the suggestions here on Columbus Underground under a search for wedding photographers, you can really tell the difference between the $600 Craigslist photographer and the $2000+ suggestions here at CU.

Is there a happy medium somewhere to be found? I feel like I’m out of reach for a quality photographer and I’m overpaying for a budget photographer.

Help!!!!!

Kyle Schriner
    Kyle Schriner
    Login to Send PM

PM me if you like my work :)

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

yes there is and if you struggle I have many contacts I would be glad to share. Pm if need be

ColumbusLivePhoto
    ColumbusLivePhoto
    Login to Send PM

I just sent you a PM with a few names of people. I was going to just post them here but I am not sure of their prices so I just sent it PM. Good luck

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

This guy did ours and we were really happy:

http://snapflashphoto.blogspot.com/

I don’t remember the price but I am pretty sure it was under $1000.00 His office is actually in our old store space too!

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Kbear919 wrote >>

where do we see this work?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

lifeliberty wrote >>

Kbear919 wrote >>

where do we see this work?

He has done all of the photo hunts on CU and taken pictures at a variety of events and places around town and posted them here.

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/profile/kbear919

wed09
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for your responses! There are some great options for us to look into!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When I got married in December, we used Joseph L. Harris whose work can be seen here. We were really happy with all of the photos, and had a great time working with him. He and his assistant were both really courteous and professional. We got both the conventional shots, as well as some unconventional shots that we really love.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When I got married in December, we used Joseph L. Harris whose work can be seen here. We were really happy with all of the photos, and had a great time working with him. He and his assistant were both really courteous and professional. We got both the conventional shots, as well as some unconventional shots that we really love. We went fairly minimal with our photo package, and paid around 700 for everything (his hourly rate, prep meetings, and the prints).

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It is a very good question. I’ve already sent B some info from this thread. Thanks to all who’ve contributed.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I don’t know what his going rate is these days, but Chris Keels is one of the best wedding photographers in the city. I’m sure he’s willing to work with different budgets.

http://keelsphotography.com

EDIT: It looks like it’s not just my opinion –according to his site, he was named best Wedding Photographer in Columbus by Columbus Monthly

karenS
    karenS
    Login to Send PM

kitoba wrote >>
    I don’t know what his going rate is these days,

It actually says on his website that he starts at $3500.

wed09
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the information everyone. I’m trying to work my way through it right now. Such a great help. Let’s hope something works out (fingers crossed).

karenS
    karenS
    Login to Send PM

Sent you a PM, wed09!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?