Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

Guns in Bars

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Guns in Bars

This topic contains 216 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 220 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    Because a cop is to heavy to carry.

In the same train of thought…

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    I’m pretty pro-choice across the board on most issues: stay out of my life, I stay out of yours.

I agree up to the point when your choices can affect others’ lives – and potentially end others’ lives. Not everyone is as responsible as you.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joev said:
    I agree up to the point when your choices can affect others’ lives – and potentially end others’ lives. Not everyone is as responsible as you.

So about driving…

ETA

Maybe your right about others regarding responsibility, I just prefer to live life assuming the best in people.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    So about driving…

ETA

Maybe your right about others regarding responsibility, I just prefer to live life assuming the best in people.

Kinda sounds like he’s afraid of people…

user2011
    Login to Send PM

I had to comment on the people ‘concerned’ that CCW holders will drink in a bar/restaurant. 1) Do you realize that if I as a CCW holder consume alcohol whilst in a restaurant or a bar it is a felony. 2) Do you realize what a felony means in the state of Ohio. I’ll tell you. A felony means I cannot legally own a handgun. PERIOD. And with 7 handguns in my home – don’t you think they will take all of them? You really think I’m going to risk that. Seriously? Not a friggin’ chance in the world. And hello – it’s a felony. I would not risk my job, or potential future jobs for a flippin ‘good time’.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:

If a person isn’t going to follow the law, then why would that person get a permit in the first place?

well that took all of two weeks.

remember, guns don’t get drunk, people do.

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20111012/NEWS0108/110130304/Case-tests-Ohio-s-guns-bar-law?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    well that took all of two weeks.

remember, guns don’t get drunk, people do.

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20111012/NEWS0108/110130304/Case-tests-Ohio-s-guns-bar-law?odyssey=nav%7Chead

crazy people like that are a great reason to have a ccw and carry a gun.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/tennessee_guns-in-bars_law_sponsor_arrested_for_du.php?ref=fpblg

A Tennessee lawmaker who is a major proponent of legislation allowing gun owners to carry firearms in bars was arrested on Tuesday and charged with driving under the influence and possession of a handgun while under the influence, Davidson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to TPM.

Rep. Curry Todd (R) was pulled over around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to the local Fox affiliate. Todd allegedly failed a roadside sobriety test and refused to take a breathalyzer test, the Associated Press reports. The gun — a Smith & Wesson 38 Special — was holstered next to the driver’s seat and loaded.

According to the police affidavit, Todd was “very unsteady on his feet, almost falling down at times. … His speech was slurred, his eyes were red, watery and bloodshot. … The subject was obviously very impaired and not in any condition to be carrying a loaded handgun.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:

Awesome, it’ll be just like tombstone!

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:

Yep. Looks like he was ‘roided up in addition to being drunk.

In a more perfect world he would have been killed immediately. Loud angry drunk pulls a weapon = dead drunk.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    Yep. Looks like he was ‘roided up in addition to being drunk.

In a more perfect world he would have been killed immediately. Loud angry drunk pulls a weapon = dead drunk.

dude, if being loud and angry is a capital offense…duck.

but seriously, can you at least admit that your argument that everyone who bothers to get a permit will follow the rules perfectly is a total fallacy?

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    dude, if being loud and angry is a capital offense…duck.

but seriously, can you at least admit that your argument that everyone who bothers to get a permit will follow the rules perfectly is a total fallacy?

That 100% of people who get a permit will always perfectly follow the rules? Yeah, no way that’s extant. Of course there will be exceptions and, congrats, you found one.

Along the same line, we don’t ban driving because some people drive drunk. We punish those who drive drunk.

CharlieMike
    CharlieMike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This guy is 1 concealed carry permit holder out of approx. 240K in Ohio. I don’t think this is cause for panic about legally concealed guns in bars.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CharlieMike said:
    This guy is 1 concealed carry permit holder out of approx. 240K in Ohio. I don’t think this is cause for panic about legally concealed guns in bars.

Enough with your common sense.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CharlieMike said:

Oh no panic. just pointing out that the inevitable has come to pass.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?