Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Grandview Yard - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard – News & Updates

This topic contains 737 replies, has 91 voices, and was last updated by Josh Miller Josh Miller 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 738 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sbarro dubs fast-casual chain Pizza Cucinova, picks first 2 sites in Columbus
    May 28, 2013, 2:22pm EDT
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter- Business First

Sbarro LLC has named its new fast-casual chain Pizza Cucinova – and already has two Columbus eateries in the works.

Pizza Cucinova (“new kitchen”) will be setting up this fall in an Easton Town Center outparcel at 4044 Morse Crossing, in addition to a new strip center that will be built near Grandview Heights.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/05/28/sbarro-dubs-fast-casual-chain-pizza.html

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

More pizza for Grandview! :)

Analogue Kid
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I guess Columbus is the launching point of new restaurant chains now!

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Because nothing says “old-world feel” and “long-term staying power” like parking lot outparcels and strip malls.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey said:
    Because nothing says “old-world feel” and “long-term staying power” like parking lot outparcels and strip malls.

For a more old world feel you’d need horse excrement, superstition and antisemitism. Perhaps throw in some lice and plague for good measure.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Land exchange will lead up to third phase of Grandview Yard
    By ALAN FROMAN

ThisWeek Community News Wednesday June 5, 2013 2:00 PM

Grandview Heights City Council is considering a series of ordinances that would enable Capital Wholesale Drug Co. to remain operating at its current location within the Grandview Yard development and the Yard developer to build a parking lot for Phase 3 construction.

Council’s economic development committee reviewed and discussed the five pieces of legislation Monday night, June 3, prior to the regular council meeting. Council held second readings of the ordinances.

Capital Wholesale and NRI have reached an agreement on a land exchange that would allow the business to remain operating at 873 Williams Ave.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/grandview/news/2013/06/04/land-exchange-will-lead-up-to-third-phase-of-grandview-yard.html

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So awesome that they decided to remodel Grandview to make it look like Easton. I can’t wait until they finally get around to leveling that bank block of Grandview Ave.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    So awesome that they decided to remodel Grandview to make it look like Easton. I can’t wait until they finally get around to leveling that bank block of Grandview Ave.

What does the Grandview Yard phase 3 have to do with Bank Block on Grandview Ave?

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:

I hope you’re being sarcastic about GY looking like Disneyla…..I mean Easton.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    So awesome that they decided to remodel Grandview to make it look like Easton.

Grandview was so much cooler when it had the abandoned Big Bear warehouse sitting there all unused and stuff.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jpizzow said:
    I hope you’re being sarcastic about GY looking like Disneyla…..I mean Easton.

I agree. I’ve been pretty disappointed with Grandview Yard. NRI really pushed the bar (at the time) with the Arena District.

NRI really didn’t up their game with GY. In fact, I’d say they stepped it down quite a few notches and are in the process of creating a glorified Lennox Shopping Center with some crappily done apartments mixed in.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Grandview was so much cooler when it had the abandoned Big Bear warehouse sitting there all unused and stuff.

haha I was thinking the same thing! Get over it people.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:

Truly it epitomized the transitive nature of life through it’s ad-hoc deconstructionist design. Now it’s serves only as yet another monument to commerce. If only the purity of artistic expression could have been maintained.

Now, people will sully the area with their presence. Oh, woe.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:

I know that you’re being equally snide as I was, but real talk here for a second: in terms of coolness, you’re right. Junction View is cooler than Sbarro. just is.

That being said, I’m not anti-change or anti-development. I never said that something shouldn’t have been done with empty space. However, two things. First, they’re also doing a lot with space that wasn’t empty. Secondly, and more importantly, if you’ve got permission to slash and burn an entire quadrant of a city/neighborhood- start from bare fucking earth- you should be able to come up with something more innovative and creative. You know they could have done better.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 738 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?