Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

This topic contains 697 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 698 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

11 pages of passionate outrage.

11 pages of rusjokes.

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Yep. People care about their neighborhoods and their city.

Who knew? ;)

If that’s the litmus test for caring about your neighborhood and city I’ll have to concede I won’t lose any sleep for failing it.

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

GCrites80s said:
    There’s Jeep shows on TV?

No doubt you focus on the commercials.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

kit444 said:
    If that’s the litmus test for caring about your neighborhood and city I’ll have to concede I won’t lose any sleep for failing it.

Everyone has their own specific interests and sub-interests. That doesn’t make them any less valid. Some people are pro-urban-planning and could care less about local theatre. Some people are pro-local-theatre and could care less about urban planning. It takes all types to make a nice robust experience for everyone.

Except for those anti-everything people. Those people just plain suck. ;)

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Everyone has their own specific interests and sub-interests. That doesn’t make them any less valid. Some people are pro-urban-planning and could care less about local theatre. Some people are pro-local-theatre and could care less about urban planning. It takes all types to make a nice robust experience for everyone.

Except for those anti-everything people. Those people just plain suck. ;)

Of course. I’m not saying it’s wrong to argue about this. To each their own. I’m just saying it surprises me. If people want to spend 22 pages arguing about local theatre, it would delight me to no end.

I’m taking a bold stand against anti-everything people.

Cole
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    As I said, argument here isn’t really about bikeability.

I don’t think the issue here is bikabilty or walk ability of the store (you can certainly do that as its planned).

If people are not walking or biking there, then how are people getting there? Cars? If so, why does it matter where the parking lot is?

It sounds like a some of the supporters of the zero off-set want it to look urban even though they personally would be driving there. If everyone is driving there it defeats the purpose of an urban setup. While I agree that the commercial storefront on a street looks aesthetically pleasing, if people are going to drive there then you need a parking lot which may take up any space for apartments, condos, etc.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cole said:

It sounds like a some of the supporters of the zero off-set want it to look urban even though they personally would be driving there. If everyone is driving there it defeats the purpose of an urban setup.

Now that is an interesting observation.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cole said:

I don’t think the issue here is bikabilty or walk ability of the store (you can certainly do that as its planned).

If people are not walking or biking there, then how are people getting there? Cars? If so, why does it matter where the parking lot is?

It sounds like a some of the supporters of the zero off-set want it to look urban even though they personally would be driving there. If everyone is driving there it defeats the purpose of an urban setup. While I agree that the commercial storefront on a street looks aesthetically pleasing, if people are going to drive there then you need a parking lot which may take up any space for apartments, condos, etc.

Simple solution: parking to the rear. Done and done.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jpizzow said:
    Simple solution: parking to the rear. Done and done.

That’s crazy talk!

No one is asking for a 4 story parking garage behind it with 2 or 3 stories of apartemtns/offices above – just the simple acknowledgement that this isn’t sawmill rd.

Think Weiland Park Kroger. We already have an example of what should be done less than two miles away. Plenty of parking for the Rus’s of the world with an ease of access for cars and bikes. So simple…

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

futureman said:
    That’s crazy talk!

No one is asking for a 4 story parking garage behind it with 2 or 3 stories of apartemtns/offices above – just the simple acknowledgement that this isn’t sawmill rd.

Think Weiland Park Kroger. We already have an example of what should be done less than two miles away. Plenty of parking for the Rus’s of the world with an ease of access for cars and bikes. So simple…

Go back.

You going to bike or walk to this location? Cole might have a point; if you’re not, if you and others are going to drive there or just drive past then what does it matter where the parking lot is? Are you advocating for an ideal you yourself will not utilize?

To be fair, I’ll likely drive to this location no matter where the parking lot is.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    Are you advocating for an ideal you yourself will not utilize?

Can someone be in favor of gay marriage without being required to get gay married?

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I just hope that the parking spaces are the wider ones to fit my gas guzzler Fusion into. haha!

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Has anyone asked NRI or GE why a different configuation wasn’t chosen?

NerosNeptune
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

kit444 said:
    Has anyone asked NRI or GE why a different configuation wasn’t chosen?

Unless I missed someone posting an actual picture here, I don’t think anybody has seen what the configuration is. For all we know the parking lot and four outlots could be behind the store.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

NerosNeptune said:
    Unless I missed someone posting an actual picture here, I don’t think anybody has seen what the configuration is. For all we know the parking lot and four outlots could be behind the store.

Page 16, from 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 698 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?