Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

This topic contains 735 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  GCrites80s 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 736 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ricospaz said:

I live in Grandview. No real complaints except the amount of cops this small city has. hasn’t stopped someone from stealing my bike or change from my car.

Same here. Well, the Columbus part of Grandview.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    Same here. Well, the Columbus part of Grandview.

Yes, I agree on that too.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    Real question for the folks who don’t mind the design …. Do you visit Grandview often? If so, where do you go? Finally, what do you like/dislike about Grandview?

About every other day. Kroger on Chambers

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Referencing the Kroger on High might be more appropriate for this discussion. Their redesign and improvements (including zero-setback) have given them a very substantial increase in overall business since they opened as noted by management there. Read into that what you will, but it doesn’t speak ill for having a design that fits better in to the urban landscape.

If you want to make 3rd an urban corridor, you’d have to propose zero-setback on the site (GY did zero-setback on the south edge of the property regarding goodale, so it’s not without precedent).

I suppose they’re going to want to add a new streetlight to third?

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    People are sure passionate about their grocery shopping.

I’m a little befuddled by this too. You’d think someone slammed Jeni’s or something.

MRipley
    MRipley
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    Real question for the folks who don’t mind the design …. Do you visit Grandview often? If so, where do you go? Finally, what do you like/dislike about Grandview?

Work everyday and play quite often in Grandview. Eat breakfast at Marshalls nearly every Saturday morning. At this very moment I’m less than 1000ft from the GE location.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

kit444 said:
    I’m a little befuddled by this too. You’d think someone slammed Jeni’s or something.

You guys are befuddled that people on Columbus Underground are outspoken about urban planning/design?

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JeepGirl said:
    make sure to include some sort of accounting for Ohio’s 4 or 5 months of the year when it’s to cold to cycle, another month or two when it’s to hot, and just about any time when we could have rainy/stormy weather.

This doesn’t sound like something a real Jeep person would say.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

mrpoppinzs said:
    Just wait until they officially announce the closing of the VV Giant Eagle on Neil Ave.

+1

This is when shit will really hit the fan.

MRipley
    MRipley
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

GCrites80s said:

Stereotype much?

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

GCrites80s said:

LOL. I very much doubt that you have any clue what a real Jeep person would do or say. (BTW – it’s not what you see on TV)

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There’s Jeep shows on TV?

kit444
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    You guys are befuddled that people on Columbus Underground are outspoken about urban planning/design?

I’m befuddled that it’s worth 22 pages of passionate outrage. I didn’t know people cared so much about where a parking lot goes.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

kit444 said:
    I’m befuddled that it’s worth 22 pages of passionate outrage. I didn’t know people cared so much about where a parking lot goes.

Yep. People care about their neighborhoods and their city.

Who knew? ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

kit444 said:

Apparently seeing cars causes anxiety and depression. Maybe some people saw Christine[/url] too many times.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 736 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?