Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

This topic contains 687 replies, has 79 voices, and was last updated by  mas917 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 688 total)
  • Author

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

The sidewalks from Yard Street end after the Get Go, if you look at the last plan you see that the ‘narrow strips’ in the parking lot have trees planted in them.

To get to GE from those sidewalks you would have to cross a street and then walk in it around the planted bushes and trees at the ‘T’ part and then cut down a parking lot lane.

They are adding sidewalks to Edgehill and I assume that would be the preferred pedestrian entrance.

Analogue Kid
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

leftovers said:
    The sidewalks from Yard Street end after the Get Go, if you look at the last plan you see that the ‘narrow strips’ in the parking lot have trees planted in them.

OK well that’s not so good then…

bman
    Login to Send PM

BrianCW said:
    Define “disposable”, please.

Do you have facts to back this up?

Your opinion, on looking “cheap or fake”. I’m sure many people do not think “everything in the suburbs looks so cheap or fake”.

Do you have facts to back this up? Or is this another one of your opinions?

Again, your opinion not based on facts.

Again, your opinion.

What bothers me about these posts are people making blanket statments about areas (and other items in general) that are not true, nor based on fact, and only based on one’s opinion. I respect people’s viewpoints, but they are just that…viewpoints, neither right nor wrong and they do not represent how everyone views it. That’s how this post and many more, come across.

Great post!

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

rus said:
    Does look good.

What about it looks good? Other than plentiful parking and a huge setback with outlots w/drive-thrus? Is that what looks good?

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

It reminds me of the Kroger on Chambers. I do not think it is much different in layout.

Realistically, I think the most impact will be from having a 90,000 sq ft store so close to the expanding downtown area markets.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

BrianCW said:
    Define “disposable”, please.

Do you have facts to back this up?

Your opinion, on looking “cheap or fake”. I’m sure many people do not think “everything in the suburbs looks so cheap or fake”.

Do you have facts to back this up? Or is this another one of your opinions?

Again, your opinion not based on facts.

Again, your opinion.

What bothers me about these posts are people making blanket statments about areas (and other items in general) that are not true, nor based on fact, and only based on one’s opinion. I respect people’s viewpoints, but they are just that…viewpoints, neither right nor wrong and they do not represent how everyone views it. That’s how this post and many more, come across.

I work in the construction industry and the lifespan of most throw up commercial buildings is 15 years or less. It’s a pretty well known fact in the industry.

The statement about international cities is correct. Maybe not EVERYONE wants our towns and cities to be like Europe, Asia, S America, but a vast majority desire that type of community here in the states.

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    I work in the construction industry and the lifespan of most throw up commercial buildings is 15 years or less. It’s a pretty well known fact in the industry.

The statement about international cities is correct. Maybe not EVERYONE wants our towns and cities to be like Europe, Asia, S America, but a vast majority desire that type of community here in the states.

BS. Just trying to pass more of your opinion as factual.

cheap
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:

what happens in 15 years,do they just collapse?

come on now.you know that’s bullshit.

if that is true,161 would be all chicken farms again.

bman
    Login to Send PM

I agree with JeepGirl, ColumbusMike and a few other posts on here have been simply bullshit. I for one want NONE of the European or Asian style living … I think our living is far and away better than any of that shit. If you want to live on top of one another in a 400 sq ft flat with a murphy bed move over there. Personally with the European debt crisis which makes our problems look like chicken shit I don’t want to model their spending patterns either. Austerity sucks people.

I hope Giant Eagle pulls out and you can have your vacant lot.

bman
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:

Cleaning the inside of office buildings does not constitute construction work.

bman
    Login to Send PM

I will wager a bet that the cheap construction of the commercial shopping strip in New Albany where the Rusty Bucket, Starbucks etc… is at will last well more years than 15.

tree_sketcher
    Login to Send PM

bman said:
    Cleaning the inside of office buildings does not constitute construction work.

classy.

bman
    Login to Send PM

tree_sketcher said:
    classy.

the lack of class runs in both directions on this board and in many of the threads. There was a post where “HeyCasey” I think that was his screenname posted something to the effect “cheap shit is ok in the suburbs they just don’t care”. Really … did you call that post out as “classy”. I don’t think so.

Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    If it’s too hard to read on the first page is says that 756 parking “stalls” are provided in the plan out of the 990 permitted.

Looks like the 990 parking spaces are for the entire site including the future retail along 3rd. It appears the Get Go gas station will be built at the same time as the grocery, which makes sense. According to this plan, the sidewalk ends after the retail on 3rd.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

cheap said:
    what happens in 15 years,do they just collapse?

come on now.you know that’s bullshit.

if that is true,161 would be all chicken farms again.

Of course not. But as far as trends, materials, recoup costs, 15 years is pretty standard. That’s why most commercial property use inefficient hvac systems because upfront costs rule and defered maintenance and system costs are passed to the next owner. It’s a disturbing use of land, materials, and cheap unskilled labor, but that’s the reality of the current system.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 688 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?