Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

Google Wave

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I got invited a couple of weeks ago (thanks Daz) but I just logged in for the first time tonight.

At first glance… it looks like a Rich-Media Chatroom. (ugh)

I can see some potential as far as project management or corporate/enterprise functionality goes…

But what is this supposed to do for me as an individual? Or as a small business?

What’s all the fuss about?

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I have an invite to it as well. Have NO idea what to do with it.

racheltb
    Login to Send PM

I’m struggling to figure out the same thing. I also have a google voice account that I don’t use.

daniel
    daniel
    Login to Send PM

I would also like to tell everyone i invented this amazing web app that will change the way everyone thinks and works, but i only have zero invites for it.

please begin clamoring.

but yes. i agree. can’t figure out what to use it for other than send notes to other people on there asking what i’m supposed to do with it.

JaredThompson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I also received an invite but only know one other person who has an account so it is not much use to me. But, I think it does have great potential in the corporate world, especially for collaborative projects.

Lakee911
    Lakee911
    Login to Send PM

Seems good for the workplace or maybe school, in my opinion. I’m not sure what to do with it personally.

Daz
    Login to Send PM

I use it for school. A lot.

Joseph L. Harris
    Joseph L. Harris
    Login to Send PM

There are a number of YouTube videos explaining how it works and how you can use it. I intend to use it for collaborative planning of photo shoots and projects, and for planning road trips. If I had to write a group paper for school, it would be a lifesaver.

The problem is that it’s immediate use is limited, and won’t increase until it’s more throughly adopted (or at least it becomes quick to join when you have someone with which you want to collaborate but they’re not on it already).

Here’s the Declaration of Independence, as written on Google Wave.

wizard
    Login to Send PM

There’s an hour and twenty minute preview/walk through, as given at Google I/O 2009, here:

http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html

Lorence
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >> I can see some potential as far as project management or corporate/enterprise functionality goes…
    But what is this supposed to do for me as an individual? Or as a small business?
    What’s all the fuss about?

I just got mine last week. Walker, you echo my thoughts exactly, at least so far. I can see *great* potential here at work, but no one else has/wants it yet. Every one’s very comfortabl with outlook…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Yeah… it sounds like something that has a few specific uses that I don’t really need it for at this point in time. Perhaps that will change over time as it becomes more widely used, or my own needs change… but for now I’ll probably give it a pass in terms of early-adoption.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?