Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Good Fried Chicken?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Good Fried Chicken?

This topic contains 91 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  theadocj 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks! Starting over has been trying at times, but I think the next year is going to legendary(yeah, I stole that one). Best way to start off is with some fried Chicken, which my coworkers ordered a bunch for lunch today. That and the fact i just got electric back makes me realize how great I have it!

I was at first thinking national chicken day was started by Tyson, like I’ve heard Sweetest Day was invented by Hallmark(may be a rumor, i don’t care enough to look into it), but someone mentioned it was started by Paula Dean, which I found humorous! (again, didn’t care enough to research it)

edit: I’ve also seen the ads for the tuesday fried chicken at hubbard grill which always looks amazing, going to have to hit that up sometime.

(everytime I type “chicken” I have to go back and type “fried” in front of it so people don’t get the wrong idea. Oh, the things I’ve learned while reading CU…)

hivner1
    Login to Send PM

Random… last Saturday, when zero people in Clintonville had power, there was a fried chicken truck (can’t recall the name) with solar panels an all set up at Ray Ray’s old spot next to Super Food Mart. Anyone know anything about this truck?

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

there is a truck called the COOP that haunts Cville. I think normally parked on indianola.

hivner1
    Login to Send PM

That’s not the one I’m referring to. This one had a giant advertisement on the back that simply said “Fried Chicken.” Wherever it is, I hope it returns!

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

YES – @lifeliberty – Happy Fried Chicken Day!!

That is the Fried Chicken truck (I know, I know)… I have been trying to find them set up somewhere for a while – maybe @foodfort knows something?

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

How’s Hubbard Grille’s fried chicken? I’m a popeye’s guy myself, greasy and loaded with sodium!

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeliberty said:
    I’ve been hitting up Giant Eagle for my fix. I normally rotate between the fried and the rotisseries.

I have to do a +1 for the Giant Eagle fried chicken. They normally go pretty quick, and I’ve seen people waiting in line for them at their Steltzer Road location.

Its pretty darn good for $5.99, and you can’t believe the convienence.

FoodFort
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    YES – @lifeliberty – Happy Fried Chicken Day!!

That is the Fried Chicken truck (I know, I know)… I have been trying to find them set up somewhere for a while – maybe @foodfort knows something?

Families Mobile Kitchen and a Fried Chicken truck has recently set up at the former site of Ray Ray’s at High and Pacemont.

Yesterday was National Fried Chicken Day.

FoodFort
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeliberty said:
    there is a truck called the COOP that haunts Cville. I think normally parked on indianola.

Coop does not really do Fried Chicken but everything Angela does do is good.

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The new truck at Pacemont and High is Mya’s Fried Chicken. I believe they’re open Fri & Sat weekend, from 4-8, then doing regular hours of Thurs-Sun, 11:30-5:30 starting next week. Here’s their Facebook page.

Mark’s grand opening was last week Saturday, but with the power outages in Clintonville, they gave away meals and accepted donations.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

BreakfastwithNick said:

Mark’s grand opening was last week Saturday, but with the power outages in Clintonville, they gave away meals and accepted donations.

That’s commendable. Way to go Mark, and thanks for sharing this act of compassion, Nick. What goes around, comes around.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Happy fried chicken day, lifeliberty!

Random cooking thought: anyone ever tried frying chicken in bacon fat?

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

thanks everybody! lunch of Big Bird fried chicken was delicious!

FoodFort <a

Yesterday was National Fried Chicken Day.

everything I’ve read says it’s today July 6

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/07/06/best-fried-chicken-in-america/

So in honor of National Fried Chicken Day, which is July 6,

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Here’s the menu at Mya’s. I don’t think they’re doing the full menu this weekend, but they most likely will be next week.

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

You know whose fried chicken I’ve always liked? MCL.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?