Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

Gallery Hop - Winter Charity Event!

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Gallery Hop – Winter Charity Event!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  summitshah 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

summitshah
    Login to Send PM

2u5gtft.jpg

On Saturday, February 2nd, come to Bar 23 for the First Annual Winter Charity Event with this year’s theme being, “Move for the Cure.”

We will be raising money for Project ALS in honor of a dear friend who earlier this month lost her father after a long battle with ALS.

ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that control voluntary muscle movement and affects adults of all ages and up to 5,000 Americans a year.

Take this chance to show your support with your presence, words and cheer as we donate all funds to http://www.projectals.org/

It’s Gallery Hop that evening, and the sidewalks of the Short North will be bustling with people. So go wine tasting at Wine on high. Appreciate art at the Roy G Biv Gallery. Run into someone on the street you haven’t seen in 6 months. Then bring your friends, old and new, to Bar 23 to cap the night.

We are asking for a donation of $5, $10 or anything you wish to give. Everything raised will go directly towards the charity.

You will be given a wristband that will get you these specials all night:

$2 domestic beers

$3 well drinks

$5 specialty martinis

$5 glasses of wine

Hopefully, we can make it a great night!

forbesrc
    Login to Send PM

I am so excited for this event–an amazing cause in honor of an amazing person and his amazing daughter!!

LydiaSahlani
    Login to Send PM

“Giving of any kind… taking an action… begins the process of change, and moves us to remember that we are part of a much greater universe. ”
    [Mbali Creazzo]

Give a little bit. Gain a lot. See you at Gallery Hop and 23!

joeborx
    Login to Send PM

Lets make this event a success and celebrate the life of those who have lost their battle to this devastating disease! I lost my grandma to ALS in November 2011-this is for you Lucy.

Party! Super Party!-See you all there

satmansg
    Login to Send PM

It’s good for the soul to be part of somethiing bigger than you…

Give back!

“Ambition is good.”

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just some friendly words of advice when promoting a charity event. Make sure you put the correct url on your flyer. projectals.com doesn’t exist and I can only assume you meant projectals.org which is a noble cause.

Also, don’t create multiple accounts to bump your event. That along with the misprint of the website made me question your event’s credibility.

Having said that- good luck with your charity event! I hope you raise lots of cash for Project A.L.S.!!!

Talleyrand
    Login to Send PM

Sometimes enthusiasm gets the best of us, but its the thought that counts

In my seven years living in columbus i’ve watched it become so much more vibrant and socially interconnected. It’s events like these that bring so many different social networks together that make me love this place so much!

mike43215
    Login to Send PM

This should be a fun event for a good cause. I hope there is a great turnout!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.