Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

Zoom Room in The Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Zoom Room in The Short North

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Anne noticed today that Funky & Functional has closed in the Short North:

http://funkyandfunctional.com

Being replaced soon with Zoom Room:

Columbus Dogs Rejoice!

Grab the leash, get the dog and head over to Zoom Room Columbus on November 10th, located at 685 N. High St. in the Short North. The days events will include FREE agility classes throughout the day and a fabulous party in the evening. Everything is free and everyone is welcome!

Our grand opening will also serve as a fund raiser for Pets WIthout Parents, a non-profit, no-kill, all breed shelter dedicated to placing every pet that enters their shelter into a loving permanent home. For everyone who RSVPs in advance of our Grand Opening, the Zoom Room will make a $10 donation to Pets Without Parents. Also with Thanksgiving around the corner, we’ll be collecting gently used leashes, collars, toys and beds as well as canned or dry dog food for our furry friends at the shelter!

MORE: http://www.zoomroomonline.com/columbus/grand-opening-2.html

L.I. to Buckeye
    L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That’s too bad about Funky and Functional, but I’m looking forward to taking the dogs to check this out!

I like the concept and I’m glad the grand opening party will benefit a local shelter!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Zoom Room Columbus opens in Short North
    ANNOUNCEMENTS — BY MELANIE MCINTYRE
    NOVEMBER 9, 2012 AT 8:00 AM

An indoor dog training center opens its doors tomorrow at 685 N. High St. in the Short North. At Zoom Room Columbus, owners can take their canines through everything from agility and obedience training to puppy preschool. Other offerings include training for therapy dogs and shy dog training for rescue dogs. (Group and private classes are available.) Zoom Room also sells a variety of pet products, including training gear, all-natural treats, eco-friendly toys and puzzles, and handcrafted leather leashes.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/zoom-room-columbus-opens-in-short-north/

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think I’m going to take Sasha over to the doggie party tomorrow.

“treats for the pups, a Doggy Disco, music, fun and a chance to mix and mingle with other dog owners in Columbus.”
    Sounds like FUN!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think we’ll stop by. sounds like a cool place.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just a few pics from Saturday, apologize for the quality, trying to snap pics with the phone and keep a hold of the dog was a bit challenging.

Free food!

and booze!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Nice! Thanks for sharing those! ;)

chrisgillespie
    chrisgillespie
    Login to Send PM

Is anyone else taking classes at the Zoom Room? Harley had her pre-class evaluation last week, and went to her first agility class yesterday. We had fun, although Harley hasn’t figured out what we’re doing there, yet. She was quite cerebral, and analyzed everything. Show her once, and she pretty much got what I wanted her to do, and performed what we asked — but didn’t really get why. It was pretty funny, because she impressed everyone as being very low energy. Although she is 11, and has slowed down a lot from her younger days, she still has the speed typical of Belgian Shepards, so I’m dying to see if she turns it on next time. Folks would likely think I brought a different dog!

Anyway, the place has a great setup, the staff are fun/encouraging/supportive, and everyone’s just there to have fun with their dogs. I definitely recommend it, if you’re looking for activities to do with your dog out of the cold.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It appears Zoom Room has closed its doors and the space is papered up with signs for a new furniture/home goods store coming soon. The name is on the door, but I don’t remember exactly what it said.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

that didn’t last long. bummer.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bad parking.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Bad parking.

Guess not enough of these people showed up.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Bad barking.

FTFY.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bad snarking?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?