Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Free Air @ Gas Stations

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Free Air @ Gas Stations

This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Whatever happened to free air at gas stations? A station near me used to have free air, but recently changed to a coin-operated machine. With the price of gas and oil company profits, I would think it would be worth the goodwill to forgo the tiny amount of income and help out the customer. I know I would be more inclined to check my tires more often if it didn’t cost me 50 cents every time. I might even be more inclined to patronize that station.

It would also be environmentally friendly to enable people to keep their tires properly inflated to save gas.

So, does anyone know of stations around town that have free air?

READ MORE

gold42
    Login to Send PM

I can tell you the best air pump in the city… no joking. The Get-Go (Formerly Marathon) at Powell Rd and Rt. 23 has an air pump that not only is free, but has a digital readout that you set to the pressure you desire. The pump then automatically fills your tires to that pressure.

Not to mention the bad ass $5 car wash they have… plus gas is usually pretty reasonable up there!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

gold42 wrote I can tell you the best air pump in the city… no joking. The Get-Go (Formerly Marathon) at Powell Rd and Rt. 23 has an air pump that not only is free, but has a digital readout that you set to the pressure you desire. The pump then automatically fills your tires to that pressure.

Wow… pretty fancy. I haven’t seen any others like that anywhere. :shock:

turbo ninja
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Most places will turn on the air pump for free if you buy gas – just ask the cashier. A notable exception is the Shell station at S. High and Sycamore, which SAYS they’ll turn on the air for paying customers but they’ve conveniently “lost the remote control” that activates the pump.

JSarv
    Login to Send PM

There is the BP on Neil Ave at Poplar in Victorian Village that still offers free air. I prefer to buy Shell Gas, but when I’m downtown and need air, I know I can go there.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Not only do most places charge for air, I have noticed a disturbing influx of air machines that take credit cards.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Wow… pretty fancy. I haven’t seen any others like that anywhere. :shock:

The one at mound/front has one.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

the GE gas station on 5th has free air. also the BP at Olentangy RR and 5th too I believe.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    The one at mound/front has one.

But did they have it 6 years ago? ;)

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bp on Broad street in Olde Town still has free air. My tire pressure was down in my car so I stopped at Speedway..It was 1.00 for air but it actually let you know when the tires were filled to the right weight.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    But did they have it 6 years ago? ;)

Ahhh…they still seem to be rareish, though.

the_linotypist
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Baer Wheels on North High St. and Oakland Park has a free air pump just outside the front door.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

Stephen43215 said:
    Bp on Broad street in Olde Town still has free air. My tire pressure was down in my car so I stopped at Speedway..It was 1.00 for air but it actually let you know when the tires were filled to the right weight.

If you go in and ask, most UDF’s and Speedway clerks will turn the air machine on for free from inside the store.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think giant eagle get-go stations are all free.

stephentszuter
    stephentszuter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I was looking for a vacuum to clean out my car on Sunday… I guess the only gas stations that have it are the stations with car washes attached… Makes sense. I felt like an idiot.

Regardless, I don’t have a shop vac, so I’m going to have to find one somewhere. It seems as though the only auto-car washes in the city are out in the burbs…

There’s Klean-a-Kar which is right by my apartment, too, but they close before I get home from work.

Sorry… stealing the thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?