Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Franklin Park Trolley Barn

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Franklin Park Trolley Barn

This topic contains 272 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by News News 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 273 total)
  • Author

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Shit after seeing seven pages of properties she owns yea I’d say slum lady too. Only a few of her properties are maintained. This is the issue the city and judges drag their feet and until something tragic happens nothing is done. Oh I mean something does happen a few fines here and there but that’s it

Concerned
    Login to Send PM

Jon, I commend your efforts and achievements to revitalize a part of Columbus. You mentioned you tried to work with the owner and that those efforts failed. Based on your comments, it appears the reason those efforts failed is because neither you nor your organization, the Columbus Compact Foundation, can afford to purchase the property outright. You cannot expect the owner of a property to finance your aspirations, no matter how noble the cause. Maybe she believes that if you cannot afford to purchase the property with your own financing or with funds from the Columbus Compact, you cannot guarantee that you will have the funds to develop the property. Looking at your website, your Facebook page, and other information gleaned from the Internet, she tried to work with you for years, even up through 2011, with the expectation that you would purchase the property. As you stated in your comments, she complied with orders to address issues as they arose. Ultimately, it appears that you launched a campaign to shame the owner into forcing her to finance your purchase of the property. Your comments, filled with comments such as “greedy,” “hoarder,” “bad owner,” and “come down hard on her” support this hypothesis. Remember, the Dispatch states that the case was “reopened based on your complaints from community members.” It’s your slander campaign that causes people to call the owner outside her name. Look at people listing “some of her properties” to support “your cause.” Why not post all of them? Do you really have the inside track on her financial situation? Maybe she had to regroup and start planning on her own in 2011 after years of waiting for you to find the appropriate financing. The great thing about your “win-win” campaign is that ultimately, it will lead to development of the property, and this is what you wanted, right?

Concerned
    Login to Send PM

Yeah, cause when you go to the point of having the time to go to the Auditor’s website to post a private owner’s selected properties, it really shows that the TRUE agenda is really NOT about the Franklin Park Trolley Barn.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Concerned said:
    Yeah, cause when you go to the point of having the time to go to the Auditor’s website to post a private owner’s selected properties, it really shows that the TRUE agenda is really NOT about the Franklin Park Trolley Barn.

You right it’s about people that can’t maintain the property they own which directly ties into the Trolley Barn there called slum lords. As a matter of public records, this is not her first dealings with the city and courts.

Concerned
    Login to Send PM

I thought the post topic was about the Franklin Park Trolley Barn and not “slumlords” of Columbus. Let’s not make it personal…

christylwilliams
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That property at 1004 Ellsworth is an absolute gem. From a tour via Google Maps, the rest of the street looks well-maintained with some visible pride of ownership. Shame to let it sit vacant.

Hey Minnie, why don’t you sell it to me?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wild accusations aside…

Fact:

The Trolley Barn is a hazard to the community, the owner has clearly not maintained it, and something needs to happen.

What do you think of this lame haphazard attempt of a CYA that is the “Oak and Kelton Trolley Complex” Facebook page?

Does she think that will magically get Judge Hale to dismiss or go soft on Thursday? I sure the hell hope not.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Concerned said:
    I thought the post topic was about the Franklin Park Trolley Barn and not “slumlords” of Columbus. Let’s not make it personal…

Who the owner is, their quality of character and nature of business is relevant to the conversation whether you like it or not.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Concerned said:

Don’t you think the dilapidated unmaintained trolley barn might have something to do with the owner that does not maintain the property? Shitty properties and owners go hand in hand in case you did not notice.

Concerned
    Login to Send PM

Let’s take a closer look at these pictures: cut grass, boarded up windows for properties not in use, no broken windows, gutters attached, roofs in place and the list goes on. As stated on the Franklin Park Trolley Barn page, “there’s no code violation for ugly.” Based on my own research, I would imagine someone with dozens and dozens of properties would have some court issues through decades of owning property. That doesn’t surprise me. So “marvelous” and “miss kitty,” you are really solidifying my point about the TRUE agenda. Thank you.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Wild accusations aside…

Fact:

The Trolley Barn is a hazard to the community, the owner has clearly not maintained it, and something needs to happen.

What do you think of this lame haphazard attempt of a CYA that is the “Oak and Kelton Trolley Complex” Facebook page?

Does she think that will magically get Judge Hale to dismiss or go soft on Thursday? I sure the hell hope not.

+1

It’s pretty obvious that Concerned is the only sockpuppet with a real “agenda” here.

Posting a link to the FB page mere minutes after its creation was a dead giveaway, as if it wasn’t obvious enough already.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Concerned said:
    Let’s take a closer look at these pictures: cut grass, boarded up windows for properties not in use, no broken windows, gutters attached, roofs in place and the list goes on. As stated on the Franklin Park Trolley Barn page, “there’s no code violation for ugly.” Based on my own research, I would imagine someone with dozens and dozens of properties would have some court issues through decades of owning property. That doesn’t surprise me. So “marvelous” and “miss kitty,” you are really solidifying my point about the TRUE agenda. Thank you.

Minnie -

Your constant attempt to dissuade people from the facts by attempting to call this some kind of “smear” campaign is baseless and tiresome, although typical.

We’re tired of your substandard maintenance of the trolley barn being a black eye on our neighborhood. Shit or get off the pot.

Best,
    Snarf

p.s. See you Thursday!

Concerned
    Login to Send PM

And Snarf, if the owner has plans to maintain and develop the property, what is your point about Hale going “soft?” What, exactly, should the judge do to the owner? Once again, what is the true agenda?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Concerned said:
    And Snarf, if the owner has plans to maintain and develop the property, what is your point about Hale going “soft?” What, exactly, should the judge do to the owner? Once again, what is the true agenda?

I have plans to build a magical time machine, alas, they’re just “plans.”

The judge should seize the property due to the owners repeated failures at maintaining it.

Concerned
    Login to Send PM

Ha ha ha, I’m not Minnie, sorry. All of information I’ve offered is directly from the Internet and from the websites I’ve mentioned. I started out just asking questions when I saw the first Dispatch article and was surprised by the amount of negative comments. That’s when I started doing my own research and wondered what is really going on. My beliefs are being reinforced.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 273 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?