Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

This topic contains 78 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I wonder if structure needed to get a hood in place isn’t there – or is only there at a cost that is so prohibitive as to not be feasible.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

thirstychef said:
    It is also my understanding, that the Hyde Park Group (which owns the building opposite Martini), has no plans at this time to begin construction, or seek another tenant.

Boo. Time to shit or get off the pot.

j
    Login to Send PM

i havnt been checking inside the construction site a whole lot, i know they have still be doing construction daily im not sure what thirstychef is talking about. i hear it going on next door and see it every time i walk in and out of my building.

my assumptions is probably a time table thing….id like to confirm this tho just for curiosity’s sake

Yeti22
    Yeti22
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I have been in there frequently lately. Work is still going on.
    The structural issues add unique hurdles.
    You could get a hood in there. Cost?

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

j said:
    i havnt been checking inside the construction site a whole lot, i know they have still be doing construction daily im not sure what thirstychef is talking about. i hear it going on next door and see it every time i walk in and out of my building.

I simply said construction was almost non existant, not that it had stopped completely.

FSonicSmith
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This is totally third hand, but I heard that the Easton location is not doing as well as hoped which in turn has put the brakes on the High St. spot. Having visited the Easton location, I can see why. The burgers are good, but a bit small. The beer is fantastic, but way overpriced. So to take my 21 year old son and have three burgers between the two of us and two beers for me, one beer for him, no other sides or beverages, and a tip, the total tab was $80. The space is probably too large and the rent exorbitant. There is no way the business can succeed. A small miscalculation of revenue versus expense is killer in the restaurant business and someone miscalculated. That just won’t fly in this market. If they wish to succeed in Columbus, the burgers need to be a bit bigger and the beers need to be less expensive. What works in Cleveland or Atlanta won’t necessarily work in Columbus. On top of that, the hostesses had no clue how to seat people and were very off-putting in their nonchalance and incompetence. Example; they tried to seat me and my son at a high top table far away from the main seating area in a dark drafty area by the front window despite the fact that the main dining area was 25% occupied. Ineptness will kill you in this industry.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey said:
    Boo. Time to shit or get off the pot.

Stopped in the “Grille”, (Old Henderson HP 12/24), server said they are working on a seafood concept downtown, (yankee trader bldg)…FYI….

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

Not sure if gourmet burger joints will last, but I tried it at Easton. I recall the burgers were like $10 and beer maybe $5 a bottle. I don’t recall it breaking the bank. It was good, but it was still a hamburger. I am hoping something more interesting ends up in the SN.

Personally, I prefer a local mom&pop place like the Thurman Cafe for my burger fix.

hajames66
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone else see the blurb in Columbus Monthly about MELT bar and Grilled coming to Cbus? They were not saying where they were going….maybe they are taking over this space.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

hajames66 said:
    Anyone else see the blurb in Columbus Monthly about MELT bar and Grilled coming to Cbus? They were not saying where they were going….maybe they are taking over this space.

Melt is coming, but not to that spot. ;)

j
    Login to Send PM

burgers from flip side are not small……..this is why america has obesity problems

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

tolemac5050 said:
    Stopped in the “Grille”, (Old Henderson HP 12/24), server said they are working on a seafood concept downtown, (yankee trader bldg)…FYI….

Walker said:
    False! ;)

Via email:

Thanks for your inquiry about the Yankee Trader building. The information you received about our company opening a Blake’s Seafood at that location, is not true. The Blake’s brand is not a growth vehicle for our company. We purchased the building as a real estate investment with the idea of developing it into an income property. We are looking at various options . We may lease out the street level to a retail or restaurant operator or it is possible that we could open a restaurant there . No decision has been made at this time

Sincerely,
    Richard Hauck
    Principal, Hyde Park Restaurant Group

I guess they could have flip burger-fish flopped.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

0Angle said:
    I guess they could have flip burger-flopped fish.

Passing on what the employee stated.,.already read letter from Richard Hauck…who knows what will end up here…a real estate opportunity at least

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sort of off-topic, but does anyone know what the deal with this building is?

http://goo.gl/maps/FUxGC

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey said:
    Sort of off-topic, but does anyone know what the deal with this building is?

http://goo.gl/maps/FUxGC

I knew exactly which building you were talking about before I even clicked the link. ;)

But no… no idea what the deal is with that one.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?