Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

This topic contains 78 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

tolemac5050 said:
    Columbus Monthly 2/2012 (Best Restaurant Issue)…mention of FLIP SIDE opening at Easton, with mention of a downtown location in the future…

Good news! Lets hope it happens sometime soon, I was at Easton recently and enjoyed lunch here quite a bit.

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I don’t know if there’s already a deal in place for the Yankee Trader conversion, but that seems like a no-brainer location for a downtown Flip Side location. Convention center and new Hilton guests would flood that place.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

mbeaumont said:
    I don’t know if there’s already a deal in place for the Yankee Trader conversion, but that seems like a no-brainer location for a downtown Flip Side location. Convention center and new Hilton guests would flood that place.

Yankee Trader, at least part of the building to be a Hyde Parke company concept…and not Jekyll’s

MichaelC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Business First confirms that a Flip Side is indeed going into the space Yankee Trader once occupied.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

They should have a take out window on the side. I’m sure that’s all-kinds of against code, but I really wish there was more quick-walk-up food in the AD/SN.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Heidelberg rep I know that visits the Easton Flip Side says the Yankee Trader Flip Side location deal is not going to happen, due to building issues..any one know of this as true?

j
    Login to Send PM

Heidelberg rep I know that visits the Easton Flip Side says the Yankee Trader Flip Side location deal is not going to happen, due to building issues..any one know of this as true?

+1 someone please confirm…..i live right next door and have been so excited about the new location!

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

tolemac5050 said:

That is disappointing. :(

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

j said:

+1 someone please confirm…..i live right next door and have been so excited about the new location!

My inside sources confirmed some unexpected structural challenges as well. Being so close, you haven’t seen much going on there lately, have you j?

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I blame code.

billbix
    Login to Send PM

That is a bummer. I really enjoyed the one at Easton.

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

In the first month or so, the construction was going on daily at a rapid pace. The construction has since slowed over the last four weeks and is almost non existant.

Having been inside the old Yankee building, and seeing how bad off it was, this is not surprising. For example, on the fifth floor High Street side, the front brick face was secured by long bolts (over six feet long) that kept it from peeling off completely. Those bolts went from wall to floor and could be tightened over time as it got worse.

The owners will get back on track, it may just take a bit longer.

It is also my understanding, that the Hyde Park Group (which owns the building opposite Martini), has no plans at this time to begin construction, or seek another tenant.

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

^ Does that mean Flip Side Burger pulled out because the time table wouldn’t work?

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I can t speak definitively on why Flip Side pulled out. Seems to me that if you covet the location, why not wait it out?

bucki12
    Login to Send PM

That is a great location. I am sure someone will snap it up once the issues are resolved. Maybe the indian place everyone keeps talking about… ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?