Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Flip Side at Easton Town Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Flip Side at Easton Town Center

This topic contains 32 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by News News 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

David Jolly
    Participant

Enjoy a burger for lunch at the newly opened Flip Side at Easton.

It’s located around the corner from Banana Republic, near Life Time Fitness. Best parking is the West Garage or the surface lot by Life Time.

Here is the Menu:

http://www.flipsideburger.com/locationeaston.html

What are you going to order?

mrpoppinzs

What is a “CU Community Manager” ?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

David is handling Social Media and Forum Administration for us.

Anyway… anyone planning on checking out Flip Side today?

thecandlelab
    thecandlelab
    Participant

Just an FYI – We tried to visit today, but the tables are all high (bar height) and they only have regular height high chairs for kids. My 16 month old made it immediately clear she didn’t appreciate having her head below the height of the table with no place to hold her food. We tried a booster seat on a booth, but once again it was up too high and didn’t work. We had to leave and will return another time without the kid.

This isn’t a complaint – not every place needs to be super-kid-friendly. More like a heads up for those with little ones. The menu and the food on the tables looked great, so we’ll get there soon to try it out.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

It sounds really good. Unfortunately I get to Easton about as much as Cleveland.

leftovers

Coremodels said:
    It sounds really good. Unfortunately I get to Easton about as much as Cleveland.

Ditto on that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

thecandlelab said:
    Just an FYI – We tried to visit today, but the tables are all high (bar height) and they only have regular height high chairs for kids. My 16 month old made it immediately clear she didn’t appreciate having her head below the height of the table with no place to hold her food. We tried a booster seat on a booth, but once again it was up too high and didn’t work. We had to leave and will return another time without the kid.

This isn’t a complaint – not every place needs to be super-kid-friendly. More like a heads up for those with little ones. The menu and the food on the tables looked great, so we’ll get there soon to try it out.

Let the management know and hopefully they can accomodate. We’ve been to a number of restaurants during opening day/week to find that they forgot to buy high chairs at all. Usually they get them added quickly after that. I’m surprised that a restaurant at Easton didn’t take this into proper consideration. Usually more common of an issue at new Downtown restaurants who don’t expect many babies coming through for lunch.

thecandlelab
    thecandlelab
    Participant

@Walker – It seems more like one of those issues where the designer didn’t think it through. They have a big stack of high chairs and booster seats by the hostess stand, but every table is tall with bar stools, so there isn’t a place where you could actually put the high chair and have the kid able to see the table. We talked it over with them today and there wasn’t a solution, but I agree they are going to have to do something about it to be competitive out at Easton.

But – overall, the place looks great inside and as mentioned above, the food looked great as well.

Twixlen
    Participant

^ It’s weird they’d do that. Even for folks with kids past the immediate high chair age, stools are tricky with kids. Shoot, I can barely manage a stool.

The onion rings sound amazing. I will definitely have to stop by there on my next foray at Easton.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall

Third best burger in Columbus.

A.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I would actually go to Easton for this. Might satisfy my B Spot cravings between trips to Cleveland.

What did you sample, AHall?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I’m hoping to check this place out tomorrow!

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall

osulew said:
    I would actually go to Easton for this. Might satisfy my B Spot cravings between trips to Cleveland.

What did you sample, AHall?

I got the Flipside Burger. Alec got the lamb burger which he really liked. Fries were very good and the onion rings were really good. Nice beer list.

Menu says medium to well for burgers, but they did medium rare just perfectly for us.

A.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Andrew Hall said:

Menu says medium to well for burgers, but they did medium rare just perfectly for us.

A.

That was my next question. Mindreader. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.