Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

Favorite Film of 2010.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Favorite Film of 2010.

This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Jeremy Taylor Jeremy Taylor 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    cyclist II
    cyclist II
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Machete on DVD Jan. 4th!

DPetey81
    Login to Send PM

Inception, Inception, Inception…

…also enjoyed Toy Story and Dragon

…still have to see True Grit, Winter’s Bone, The Town, and Black Swan

Ltrgman
    Login to Send PM

Mediocre year for movies I thought; lots of bad, lots of average, but very little good.

That said, as of now, first place goes to…
    Animal Kingdom[/url]

Runner-up…
    A tie between The American[/url] and 127 Hours[/url].

And the most surprisingly good movie of the year goes to…
    Easy A[/url]

AmyJ
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve been hearing good things about Easy A lately.

I am dying to see Winter’s Bone. Must check that out today.

I LOVED Black Swan.

Tenzo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Caterpillar

SusanB
    SusanB
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I also loved MACHETE. Funniest film I’ve seen in a long time. Great casting.

Jeremy Taylor
    Jeremy Taylor
    Login to Send PM
    Diesha
    Diesha
    Login to Send PM

I loved Inception – but now I must see the rest listed here. Thanks

cyclist II
    cyclist II
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Machete: Great Movie or Greatest Movie?

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

You can add Animal Kingdom to my list as well. Great acting by the young kid and the grandmother (Jacki Weaver). Even though she got the Golden Globe nomination, I was more impressed with “J”, the young lead character.

“Pope” the uncle was also amazingly acted. I’d say more but I don’t want to spoil anything.

I’m a sucker for great crime dramas. Very solid work for a directorial debut.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/animal_kingdom/

Kush
    Login to Send PM

The Town. I am sucker for anything that involves dirtbag Irish guys (I am a dirtbag Irish guy) and anytime a movie about the Irish in Boston or where ever comes out I have to see it. Glad to see a lot of gangster movies moving away from the italian mafia, and going to the dirtbag irish gangsters.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

I was really disappointed in The Town. Probably the comparisons the ads made to The Departed and Jeremy Renner in the cast, I had huge expectations for it, but I felt like they never really developed the characters enough for me to care about. The only exception was Pete Postlethwaite, but he was brilliant in everything.

Kush
    Login to Send PM

I agree, it wasnt that great of a movie, but I do believe it was my favorite in 2010, not sure if that is saying much though. I just think anytime an Irish dirtbag movie comes out I have to support it so they will make more of them. Ben Affleck should start a production company devoted to dirtbag irish movies. Its funny the only Irish themed movie I dont like is Boonedock Saints, which seems to be peoples favorite irish themed flick.

nexttuesday
    nexttuesday
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

True Grit
    Also loved The Town

Would not vote for Inception. It was the Slumdog Millionaire of the year for me.

Easy A was really good. I generally don’t like movies like that, but I thought it was fairly funny and a good teenager movie without being too gimmicky.

honavery
    Login to Send PM

The Town was good but not great, IMO. Renner and Pothlethwaite were awesome in it, and it had a couple of very good action scenes. I didn’t regret seeing it, it certainly wasn’t a bad movie.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?