Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What's Your Favorite Beer?

This topic contains 1375 replies, has 206 voices, and was last updated by vestanpance vestanpance 2 days, 13 hours ago.

Tagged

beer

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,376 total)
  • Author

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snatched a bunch of Gulden Draak 9000 this week. Loving it!

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:

Oh, my. It sounds delicious, but the reviews on b.a. aren’t necessarily resounding. What do you think, Mr. S.?

http://guldendraak.vansteenberge.com/en/gulden-draak-9000-quadruple

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/71973

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:

I’d love to try it. Was it hard to come by?

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

0Angle said:
    I’d love to try it. Was it hard to come by?

I’m not exactly sure how hard it is to come by, I apologize if my wording made it sound like it was. I’m a huge Gulden Draak fan (or just about any Belgian including quads), so when I saw the 9000 I made sure to stock up on quite a bit, as I was fairly confident I’d enjoy it.

The 9000 is a great sipper, very complex and tasty. It’s no St. Bernardus Abt 12, but I’ll be happy to drink this beer anytime.

TomOver
    TomOver
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Haven’t tried each of the thousands of types out there, but Columbus Pale Ale seems to work well–w/ or w/o food, sipping from a glass and sniffing it a bit, or gulping a bottle w/ a single tilt in the heat.

Just to be clear, don’t drink while cycling. Only do it when shooting my guns, guarding gardens

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

TomOver said:
    Haven’t tried each of the thousands of types out there, but Columbus Pale Ale seems to work well–w/ or w/o food, sipping from a glass and sniffing it a bit, or gulping a bottle w/ a single tilt in the heat.

Just to be clear, don’t drink while cycling. Only do it when shooting my guns, guarding my gardens.

Columbus Pale Ale is a very drinkable beer, with or with out food, or even as food. I made a tasty beer cheese soup with it a few years ago for BeerCamp.

As a local domestic, it’s well received by our hotel guests, be they local, regional, or out of state, and that always makes me happy. Mr. Bean brews a great beer. Angelo, the head brewer at Barley’s, has said great things about CBC. He’s mentioned the words “World class” in reference to CBC in our conversations, which is something special from a brewer as respected as Angelo.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

0Angle said:
    Heck ya. Bodhi.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/the-beer-blog/the-beer-blog-1.273124/aleheads-love-columbus-brewing-1.319283

I read that on Rick’s blog yesterday! The words “tropical fruit-bowl of goodness” – are so cool.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Had the opportunity to enjoy some of Sierra Nevada’s Hoptimium over the weekend and it was delicious. Nice piney nose, tastes of grapefruit, just how I like ‘em.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

^^^

I’ve had a bottle of that sitting in my fridge for like 9 months I think. I forgot about it on accident. I’m worried that it’s not going to be fantastic when it’s not fresh. I should just crack it open anyway and try.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think it was fresh about two months ago. When I opened one a week or so ago, it was top notch.

Ryan011235
    Ryan011235
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

patient_zero said:
    Oh, my. It sounds delicious, but the reviews on b.a. aren’t necessarily resounding. What do you think, Mr. S.?

http://guldendraak.vansteenberge.com/en/gulden-draak-9000-quadruple

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/71973

Taking into consideration the grade inflation machine that is BA, the composite score of “89″ is pretty damning.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Then I guess tonight is going to be one of those nights where I try to get rid of stuff collecting dust in the beer fridge. I doubt I’ll make it to the third bottle though.

Cheers!

Ryan011235
    Ryan011235
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    ^^^

I’ve had a bottle of that sitting in my fridge for like 9 months I think. I forgot about it on accident. I’m worried that it’s not going to be fantastic when it’s not fresh. I should just crack it open anyway and try.

Don’t worry; there are people who age Hopslam intentionally and will tell you after a year it’s “like a fine barleywine.” I mean, this should be no different… right?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,376 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?