Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What's Your Favorite Beer?

This topic contains 1374 replies, has 206 voices, and was last updated by  OneBagTravel 1 week, 3 days ago.

Tagged

beer

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,375 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’d like to try the new CBC Bock, I love a good bock beer.

tolemac5050
    tolemac5050
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Saw and tried a interesting beer at the Market District the other evening…banana bread beer…tasted like…banana bread!

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Got my hands on a 750ml of Founders Curmudgeon’s Better Half.

They nailed it again. Best brewery in America IMO.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What’s up with Leinie jacking the prices on Summer Shandy…$9/six pack!?

Helloooo, still a Miller product, $9!?

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone know of a shop that carries stuff from 3floyds brewery? I’m not sure if they distribute in Ohio.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Three Floyd’s isn’t easy to find around here. Every now and then you’ll find some at The Anderson’s. Try Kenny Road Market too.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Beer score!

meltsintowonder
    meltsintowonder
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

In the past year, 3F picked up distribution again (they were here 7-8 years ago but people weren’t drinking it then). Only seasonals in small quantities are coming to Ohio in bottles, large format only, and only the top beer accounts get it for retail. For draft, some of the year-round stuff comes over, but again, only the top draft accounts will get kegs. Brew’s, Gallo’s, Bodega, etc. Recommend calling shops in Indiana and have a friend pick it up or make a run to Richmond or beyond.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the heads up. This actually came form the Kroger in Grandview. I got it today at lunch time. Maybe there was a big amount distributed or something.

I really want to try the Dreadnaught.

I love the marketing for this company. really well done IMO.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Finally tried the Neil House Cranberry Cider…. it’s not a beer, but damn. Damn! I love it so much.

tdziemia
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So, I post on wine but especially in summer we do plenty of beer (my descent is Polish and Irish, my wife German and English … so no big surprise?). Beer culture in Columbus is a treasure that many residents may not appreciate. East coast whence I hail is wine focused, except maybe New England (if you ever see beers from Allagash, Maine don’t ask, just buy). Of our newest microbrews, craft brews or whatever they’re called nowadays, I’ve only tried Four Strings, and give ‘em 5 stars. The Belgian Blond is truly a dead ringer for something produced way over there (I should know, I lived there two years), and the IPA passed muster with my wife which is no mean feat. Am looking forward to further explorations this summer … Yes, CBC is good, Great Lakes the same, and after two years in Cincinnati, I am kinda partial to Christain Moerlein’s Over The Rhine (though if you ever go to THAT neighborhood, you will quickly realize Columbus is a much safer city).

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

another score!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

tdziemia said: I am kinda partial to Christain Moerlein’s Over The Rhine (though if you ever go to THAT neighborhood, you will quickly realize Columbus is a much safer city).

I’m not sure if you’ve actually been to OTR anytime in the last couple of years, but it’s actually a pretty fantastic and vibrant neighborhood (and one of my fave places in Ohio). The rapid and successful revitalization effort there is being touted as a model for urban revitalization nationwide.
    OTR = Awesome.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

But yeah…about beer…I’ve been obsessed with Belgians and sour ales lately. This has been my fave recent find…

And I always <3 some Sofie in the summertime.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,375 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?