Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Fat Heads Looks To Open Brewpub In Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Fat Heads Looks To Open Brewpub In Columbus

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  0Angle 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Fat Head’s looks to open brewpub in Columbus

By RICK ARMON Published: January 11, 2013

Fat Head’s — the award-winning brewery in suburban Cleveland — is interested in opening a brewpub in Columbus. Partner and brewer Matt Cole confirmed the interest Friday, saying they are looking at the Short North, German Village, Brewery District and Polaris areas.

READ MORE: http://www.ohio.com/blogs/the-beer-blog/the-beer-blog-1.273124/fat-head-s-looks-to-open-brewpub-in-columbus-1.364194

Kahiki
    Kahiki
    Login to Send PM

This is fantastic news. Fat Heads is spectacularly good beer.

The only way it would be better is if they were considering a location in Clintonville.

ExileOn6thSt
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Awesome news! Unless they pick Polaris.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Partner and brewer Matt Cole confirmed the interest Friday, saying they are looking at the Short North, German Village, Brewery District and Polaris areas.

3 out of 4 ain’t bad, although I don’t see much chance for German Village happening.

meltsintowonder
    meltsintowonder
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’d think the Brewery District would be a good fit along with CBC and World of Beer. Polaris would bring them traffic but a different crowd, depending on what they’re going after. If a good amount of the space is dedicated to brewing, the rent in the Short North and Polaris area might not be worth it.

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

How about 4th St. in Italian Village? It’s the new hotness!

JohnRClem
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Kahiki said:
    This is fantastic news. Fat Heads is spectacularly good beer.

The only way it would be better is if they were considering a location in Clintonville.

While not Fat Heads, I’m pretty excited about the new Crest Tavern and their brewing efforts taking place in Clintonville.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Another great brewery amongst other great breweries. The beer scene here is getting better every month. Our former German brewmasters would be proud.

I hope they are bringing some of their Oompa Loompa Chocolate Cream Stout with them tonight at Beerfest! If it tastes anything like Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout (or better), I’ll be happy.

meltsintowonder
    meltsintowonder
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JohnRClem said:
    While not Fat Heads, I’m pretty excited about the new Crest Tavern and their brewing efforts taking place in Clintonville.

The new Crest Tavern will brew their own beer?

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think the old Metro spot on S. High would be awesome for this.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What about the old Le Metropolitan (or something like that) with the mini Eiffel on Liberty St next to MORPC? I was by there today. It has a garage door entrance, too.

Kahiki
    Kahiki
    Login to Send PM

meltsintowonder said:
    The new Crest Tavern will brew their own beer?

They said in their initial announcement that that is the plan.

Gil Ligg
    Login to Send PM

Polaris? Really? That is lame. They should look in Clintonville.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s not lame if you’re in business to, you know, make money and sell lots of beer.

I honestly don’t think the Short North needs another brewpub given the current influx. I won’t argue with German Village or the Brewery District being decent options.

mrmann
    Login to Send PM

Excited by this, there seems to be a brewpub revolution in the works.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?