Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

Easton - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Easton – News & Updates

This topic contains 100 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

chaptal said:
    There’s a Grater’s in Easton already.

There’s a Graeter’s less than a mile from a Jeni’s in Bexley already. I don’t think either one is hurting for customers though.

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There’s also Johnson’s in Bexley.

luketenley
    Login to Send PM

Has anyone been to the Walmart at Easton lately? That has to be one of the trashiest places I have been to. I think before adding the Gateway, they need to restructure the area across the street and make it more friendly.

dubdave00
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

luketenley said:
    Has anyone been to the Walmart at Easton lately? That has to be one of the trashiest places I have been to. I think before adding the Gateway, they need to restructure the area across the street and make it more friendly.

I find many Walmarts to be “trashy” in different ways.

Sidenote: It’s amazing the difference in cleanliness, customer base, vibe, product quality, etc, between Target and Walmart.

jbcmh81
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

luketenley said:

It’s always been that way, even after it was remodeled.

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

dubdave00 said:
    I find many Walmarts to be “trashy” in different ways.

Sidenote: It’s amazing the difference in cleanliness, customer base, vibe, product quality, etc, between Target and Walmart.

A dollar or two difference for the same items will do that. Some people don’t want to see the real “Central Ohio” when the are out shopping, so they pay the extra to be with each other in the middle class that can afford the extra bucks.

I do have to say though that Walmart is AMAZINGLY cheap. If we are down by Stringtown, we always stop in be buy Cereal. Its always a buck or two cheaper than we can get it at Kroger or Giant Eagle on sale.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So was the new parking garage designed to one day house stores? It looks like it was since there are store fronts and the parking spaces near them have around a 20 foot ceiling

jbcmh81
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Patch said:
    A dollar or two difference for the same items will do that. Some people don’t want to see the real “Central Ohio” when the are out shopping, so they pay the extra to be with each other in the middle class that can afford the extra bucks.

I do have to say though that Walmart is AMAZINGLY cheap. If we are down by Stringtown, we always stop in be buy Cereal. Its always a buck or two cheaper than we can get it at Kroger or Giant Eagle on sale.

There are big reasons Wal-Mart is cheaper, none of them good. One only need look at the Wal-Mart Mexico corruption scandal to understand their operation.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Patch said:
    Some people don’t want to see the real “Central Ohio” when the are out shopping, so they pay the extra to be with each other in the middle class that can afford the extra bucks.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    So was the new parking garage designed to one day house stores? It looks like it was since there are store fronts and the parking spaces near them have around a 20 foot ceiling

At first I thought the bottom of the garage would house retail from day one. It certainly looks that way, but I haven’t seen anything official about eventual conversion plans.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Easton bringing True Religion to Ohio
    Jan 22, 2013, 2:39pm EST
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter

Two more luxury merchants have picked Easton Town Center to host their first shops in Ohio. True Religion Brand Jeans and Tumi are expected to open in the Columbus lifestyle retail center this year.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/01/easton-bringing-true-religion-tumi-to.html

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Ann Taylor coming to Easton with new store design
    Evan Weese
    Web coordinator-Business First

Central Ohio’s third Ann Taylor store is coming to Easton Town Center.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/02/06/ann-taylor-coming-to-easton-with-new.html

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

the Macy’s parking garage build-out is a pretty decent mixed use example:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/302132736167124992/photo/1

storefronts are being constructed now and I noticed the back of other stores are now creating new entrances for this new pedestrian friendly street.

InnerCore
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    the Macy’s parking garage build-out is a pretty decent mixed use example:

https://twitter.com/myurbanhood/status/302132736167124992/photo/1

storefronts are being constructed now and I noticed the back of other stores are now creating new entrances for this new pedestrian friendly street.

This isn’t mixed use at all. There are no other uses other than retail.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

its retail, office, and parking garage …. how is that not mixed use?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?