Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

Easton - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Easton – News & Updates

This topic contains 100 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by News News 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

@vestanpance ….. exactly! I actually like going there now, and the Macy’s add-on looks great so far; I just wish they would take all this money they’re spending on Easton Market/Gateway and invest more in the original Community model, that I believe will start to grow on its own with other developers in the area, if more mixed use was incorporated.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    In this story the frustration comes in because they are landing some great stores and if they stuck with the Community model this would not only be a great destination, but an amazing part of the city to live in.

Fun Fact:

Nordstrom Rack is coming to Easton Market, a “power center” owned and operated by DDR Corp. (where Dick’s, World Market, DSW, etc is located).

Easton Town Center itself was co-developed by The Georgetown Company and Steiner + Associates.

Two different properties with different developers/owners.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ahhhh ….. I actually wondered that, but I think Steiner is developing Easton Gateway right?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    ahhhh ….. I actually wondered that, but I think Steiner is developing Easton Gateway right?

Yup!

http://www.steiner.com/projectsunderdevelopment/eastongateway.aspx

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Published on September 18, 2012 4:30 pm
    LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics opens new store at Easton
    By: Anne

If you went to Easton over the weekend, you may have noticed the addition of another new store. LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics opened on Saturday, re-entering the Columbus market after their store inside of Macy’s at Tuttle Crossing closed in May of this year.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/lush-fresh-handmade-cosmetics-opens-new-store-at-easton

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hey, I’m a lush! That looks like my kinda place.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Press Release:
    Yagööt Heads Home

COLUMBUS – December 2, 2012 – Yagööt, a Cincinnati-based frozen yogurt brand, announced today its withdrawal from the Columbus market. Yagoot’s Easton Town Center location opened in March 2010, and will close December 24, 2012. An announcement to current employees was given today.

“It’s become logistically challenging to operate and manage a single store so far from our core market,” said Dan Busken, CEO of Yagööt. “Our location in Easton Town Center was an A+, in terms of prime Easton real estate. And although profitable since day one, it simply pulled too much of our attention away from focusing our growth locally in Cincinnati.”

Yagoot is headquartered in Cincinnati, which includes the operation of four other retail locations.

“Our goal in expanding to Columbus was to test our concept and our abilities outside our current geographic base,” said Busken. “This proved to be a greater challenge than expected for a privately owned company with limited resources.”

The move from Columbus is an opportunity for the company to focus its resources on the Greater Cincinnati/NKY market.

Beau Amason, EVP of Easton Town Center and Co-Develop of Steiner + Associates commented, “Easton Town Center prides itself on the quality of its tenants and its tenant mix. Adding Yagoot in 2010 was an opportunity to offer a best-in-class tenant who filled a specific niche in our dining options. They have been an outstanding tenant partner, but we certainly understand their decision to focus on their core market.”

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I personally did not like Yagoot ….. I see this space being taken in days since the “make your own frozen yogurt” market is huge right now, the space is setup for it already, and they said they were making a profit.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Columbus is an ice cream city.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

that said …does it make sense to put a Jenis here?

wpcc88
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

surber17 said:
    that said …does it make sense to put a Jenis here?

Jeni’s is going to saturate the market too much, something else needs to go here

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I dont’ think one local ice cream shop per neighborhood is too much

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There’s a Grater’s in Easton already.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

this is true … but I don’t see Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream as two separate business models and Yagoot was turning a profit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?