Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

Downtown Hilton Hotel - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Downtown Hilton Hotel – News & Updates

This topic contains 159 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • Author

NerosNeptune
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

They’re more like $8 or 9 now.. the only problem is after having a couple you can never remember how much they were.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

ToddAnders said:
    Hell, it’s been since 2002/03 since I’ve been there.

Well, there ya go. ;) Take a stack of $10 bills next time instead of $5 bills.

ToddAnders
    ToddAnders
    Blocked
    Login to Send PM

Damn you inflation!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

The sign just went up. Photos via Facebook:

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    Did Walker just admit to knowing WAY too much about Long Islands? ;)

What is this concept “knowing WAY too much about Long Islands” of which you speak?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I honestly think its beautiful, and I’ve never sad that about a sky walk… ever.

johnwashere
    johnwashere
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

NerosNeptune said:
    They’re more like $8 or 9 now.. the only problem is after having a couple you can never remember how much they were.

ha, yup. They are $9 now (went a month ago)

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CalebR said:
    I honestly think its beautiful, and I’ve never sad that about a sky walk… ever.

+1 …. I’ve walked around it multiple times now and I don’t see this skywalk having the negative effect that most (including myself) feared

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hilton ready to go
    By Steve Wartenberg
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Sunday September 23, 2012 10:02 AM

There’s a key moment in the construction of a hotel that indicates it is oh-so-close to completion and ready for guests.

This moment has come for the new $140 million Hilton Columbus Downtown.

The projected opening is mid-October, and that’s pretty much set in stone. The hotel’s first group is booked for the week starting Oct. 15.

At the moment, Oct. 28 is the first night that guests not affiliated with a group can book a room at the new hotel.

“This date will move earlier in the month as we move closer to the opening date,” Hansen said.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/09/23/downtown-hills-market-to-open-in-december.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

A lot of the barriers and fencing on High have been removed to reveal the sidewalk frontage of the building (though the sidewalk currently remains closed to pedestrians). Looks nice, though I wish more of the bar/restaurant elements fronted the sidewalk (doesn’t look like they do).,,

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Is the bar/restaurant the glass facade?

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

@geoyui …… it didn’t look like it to me. I think the bar/restaurant is in the middle of the building.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

btw, just wondering, in the above article it said the first group had it booked for Oct. 15th; I’m guessing they had to re-book?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?