Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Downtown Columbus Lightened Up

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Downtown Columbus Lightened Up

This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Caleb Caleb 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Why doesn’t Columbus turn on all of the lights downtown that are on buildings?? Who knows! But I think if they turns the lights on the downtown area would look 1 million times better. Look at NYC and Chicago. Do they turn off the buildings lights? NO! Keeping lights on makes downtown look more attractive and appealing to the eye.

Comments? Leave one!

th0m
    th0m
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Well, the obvious retort is to think of the children, and green energy, so we should grind up unwanted children to power green lights.

But beyond nonsense, I think we could argue that we need to do better as a city of pointing our lighting AT THE GROUND, or at least on the things we want to light.

Then we can see the stars in the sky again maybe when it is clear out at night!

Mercurius
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Listen to the first two minutes or so…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCUZ9GnmhE8

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>
    Listen to the first two minutes or so…

NICE WALKER! But it really would be nice to see Columbus lite up at night

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

It would be a waste of electricity. There are better uses of money for more tangible improvements to Downtown.

anillo
    anillo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really would like to see more buildings with lights on them, like the LaVeque tower. I hope the top of the new Hilton lights up.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

anillo wrote >>
    I really would like to see more buildings with lights on them, like the LaVeque tower. I hope the top of the new Hilton lights up.

Ty! some1 who agrees.

And Walker: I believe the city has plenty of enough money to light up the towers. They also could ask the companies who occupy the builidings to help out.

cr0m
    cr0m
    Login to Send PM

CalebR wrote >>

anillo wrote >>

Ty! some1 who agrees.
    And Walker: I believe the city has plenty of enough money to light up the towers. They also could ask the companies who occupy the builidings to help out.

Yeah Walker, I agree. The city has plenty of money for this.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

th0m wrote >> I think we could argue that we need to do better as a city of pointing our lighting AT THE GROUND, or at least on the things we want to light.
    Then we can see the stars in the sky again maybe when it is clear out at night!

+1

I can just about guarantee you that the next building that moves to shine light up into the sky will be met with stiff opposition. You might have noticed some buildings (like AEP) that used to be lit, no longer are…

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Actually I’ve heard alot of people want to see the downtown buildings lighted at night.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CalebR wrote >>
    Actually I’ve heard alot of people want to see the downtown buildings lighted at night.

And a lot of people don’t. So what’s your point?

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/11/light-pollution/klinkenborg-text

Core was right, National Geographic is good reading.

cr0m
    cr0m
    Login to Send PM

CalebR wrote >>

Caleb, you have God’s light to guide you.

SusanB
    SusanB
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Core was right, National Geographic is good reading.

Cross post LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?