Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Does Ohio Have the Best Year-Round Weather in the US?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Does Ohio Have the Best Year-Round Weather in the US?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    billiejean
    billiejean
    Login to Send PM

joev wrote >>
    Mexico City seems to have ideal weather, but then there’s the smog.

That and oh… all the drug killings/crimes lol

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

JonMyers wrote >>
    Hands down the worst idea I’ve ever seen on here.

I figured that a plea asking people to complain less about weather wouldn’t be up your alley. ;)

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>
    I figured that a–

LESS EXPLAINING MORE COMPLAINING

cyclist II
    cyclist II
    Login to Send PM

Has Central Ohio weather jumped the shark?

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>
    Hands down the worst idea I’ve ever seen on here.

I figured that a plea asking people to complain less about weather wouldn’t be up your alley. ;)

haha, definitely not, but if you’re that affected by weather (I am) then you should do something about it.

I read a few things from the article and title of this thread. Should people complain less about the weather? Yes, of course or again, do something about it and go somewhere with better weather that suits you.

Though contextual and depending on the person, generally the other points in the article “positioning Ohio weather as an asset” and “best year-round weather” are a huge stretch and would unnecessarily draw more attention to what is a big competitive disadvantage.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

Two things about Ohio weather…

1. Columbus doesn’t have it worst.

2. Our nice days are really nice and even more appreciated because of our shitty ones.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    Ryan011235
    Ryan011235
    Login to Send PM

rus wrote >>

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/seattle_weather

I like the comment that reads, “No sir, this is actually a depiction of Ohio.”

billiejean
    billiejean
    Login to Send PM

Core_Models wrote >>
    Two things about Ohio weather…
    1. Columbus doesn’t have it worst.
    2. Our nice days are really nice and even more appreciated because of our shitty ones.

lol doesn’t have it worst and having the best weather or it being an attraction are completely different things……………

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

Core_Models wrote >> Columbus doesn’t have it worst.

So what city does have the worst weather?

I say Tartarus.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

JonMyers wrote >>
    I read a few things from the article and title of this thread. Should people complain less about the weather? Yes, of course or again, do something about it and go somewhere with better weather that suits you.

I guess the issue I have with the complaints come from the people who have no plans on moving (doing something about it). To some people (and I’m plenty guilt of this as well) the weather is a conversational crutch and the things I hear people in Columbus casually and conversationally complaining about is trivial at best.

“Oh, would you look at that rain today? Typical Columbus!”

“Could you believe that drive this morning? I was a whole 15 minutes late! This Columbus snow is terrible!”

I could do with less of that sort of thing I guess.

JonMyers wrote >> Though contextual and depending on the person, generally the other points in the article “positioning Ohio weather as an asset” and “best year-round weather” are a huge stretch and would unnecessarily draw more attention to what is a big competitive disadvantage.

Yeah, I admit I used an attention-grabbing thread title to spark some discussion. I don’t honestly believe we have the best year round weather, but it’s certainly not as bad as other places. And while it could be considered a competitive disadvantage, I don’t think that’s stopped other cities with worse winters (Chicago? Boston? New York?) or rainier climates (Seattle?) from becoming cities where people want to live regardless of the weather.

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>
    I guess the issue I have with the complaints come from the people who have no plans on moving (doing something about it).

If my health insurance wasn’t tied to my job, I’d be in San Diego right now, but just “doing something about it” isn’t that simple. In the meantime, I reserve the right to complain about ice storms and humid summer days.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

I broke my wrist when I slipped on the un-salted short north sidewalk this winter, is that an okay thing for me to complain about?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

You two are free to complain about whatever you like.

Hope your wrist is healed up, Jim.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

hey man your website’s down…

wrist is doing alright thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?