Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

Dine Originals Week - November 2010

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Dine Originals Week – November 2010

This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

hungrywoolf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

duplicate

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>

Side note: those petit fours are a favorite in my office. Great stuff.

GeoKel
    GeoKel
    Login to Send PM

Enjoyed a great dinner at Figlio last night. I ordered the chopped salad, beef tenderloin, and warm walnut apple cake. The salad and tenderloin were fantastic. I also enjoyed their take on a Cosmo, which was one of their drink specials.

Figlio is one of my Columbus favorites, and they did not disappoint last night!

GeoKel
    GeoKel
    Login to Send PM

Enjoyed a great dinner at Figlio last night. I ordered the chopped salad, beef tenderloin, and warm walnut apple cake. The salad and tenderloin were fantastic. I also enjoyed their take on a Cosmo, which was one of their drink specials.

Figlio is one of my Columbus favorites, and they did not disappoint last night!

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So lunch yesterday ended up being at The Clarmont. The sliders were really delicious. I also got a bowl of really good old school French Onion Soup. The $10 offering from Pistachia Vera is ridiculously yummy.

Dinner at G Michaels was simply outstanding. I had the Pork Belly appetizer and it ties with Sage’s pork belly as my favorite appetizer.
    I also had the Quail and it was cooked perfectly. There’s a lot going on on that plate, but the various flavors and textures balanced perfectly.

No lunch today, Lynne isn’t feeling so good. But dinner at The Top is still on for tonight. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Oops. No dinner at the Top. Hopefully we can get to something on Sunday night. (My hours kinda keep me from getting out much).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

We hit The Top last night and had a pretty amazing meal. I almost didn’t make reservations for a Tuesday night, but glad I did because the place was *packed* from 6:30pm to 8pm while we were there.

I had the Lobster Bisque and Anne had the French Onion Soup. We both ordered the Prime Rib with Au Jus and Baked Potato on the side. Both had Creme Brulees for dessert. Pretty standard meal as far as steakhouses go, but everything was pretty outstanding. Sort of the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” formula I imagine. ;)

Anyway, a great time last night, and some stellar food for a $30/person fixed price menu.

TaraK
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DavidF wrote >>
    So lunch yesterday ended up being at The Clarmont. The sliders were really delicious. I also got a bowl of really good old school French Onion Soup. The $10 offering from Pistachia Vera is ridiculously yummy.
    Dinner at G Michaels was simply outstanding. I had the Pork Belly appetizer and it ties with Sage’s pork belly as my favorite appetizer.
    I also had the Quail and it was cooked perfectly. There’s a lot going on on that plate, but the various flavors and textures balanced perfectly.
    No lunch today, Lynne isn’t feeling so good. But dinner at The Top is still on for tonight. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

The Pistacia Vera offering looked like a lot of stuff for $10. Am I misreading it?

roy
    roy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

TaraK wrote >>

The Pistacia Vera offering looked like a lot of stuff for $10. Am I misreading it?

You read it right, PV always offers a generous sampler for Dine Originals Week, and you can get it to-go. Try it Tara, it’s a great deal and beautiful too.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

I so love PV. My nephew’s b-day party was a few weeks back, I dropped by and picked up about 50 bucks worth of goodies. There was almost fisticuffs between the adults and kids over the fudgies.

TaraK
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I, too, love Pistacia, and live within walking distance. Yes, the little fudge cookies are all a person could want. Core, your nephew totally gets points for being sophisticated enough to have his b-day bash there instead of some kid place.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

While I really want to try Skillet’s offering (looks amazing) I think we’re going to try DeepWood tonight as we haven’t been there in a while. Also curious about their Cincinnati-style chili offering.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

TaraK wrote >>

DavidF wrote >>

I should have taken pics. It was an amazing amount of yummy for the price. My personal favorite is their take on fruitcake.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just grabbed a reservation for an early din din at G. Michael’s on Saturday. I can’t resist pork belly!

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Had Skillet’s menu last night – the only thing not tested was the dessert crumble (who can resist bread pudding?)…. both starters were fantastic (I had the brussel sprouts and oh my), and each of the mains were *so* well crafted. The polenta has the added distinction of being veg-friendly. If anyone was on the fence about going, lemme just pull you right off. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.