Our City Online

Messageboard - CU Events

CU Beer Tasting/Tour at Barley's Brewing Company - Sunday, October 9th

Home Forums Events CU Events CU Beer Tasting/Tour at Barley's Brewing Company – Sunday, October 9th

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Join us on Sunday, October 9th between Noon and 3pm for a tour & tasting event at Barley’s Brewing Company, located at 467 North High Street (between the Convention Center & North Market).

• Free tours of the brewing facilities will be provided by Brewmaster Angelo Signorino!

• Get a tasting of 6 different beers for only $5!

• Free parking at meters on Sunday!

• Grab lunch if you’re hungry!

More information can be found online at http://barleysbrewing.com/downtown/index.htm

This event is part of our weekend long 10th Anniversary Celebration!

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This looks like a pretty good time, especially having the apt Mr. Angelo on point! Looking forward to this :)

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Jarsloth, I hope to see you there. We’re excited to share the second annual batch of Abbey Normal, our official beer of October. Our official beer of October used to be Barleywine!, but we won’t put this on tap until the end of the month (no, you can’t have some out of the fermentation vat. Well, since you asked nicely…). Look for some Barleywine! aged in Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barrels around mid-November. Yum.

I’m seeing sauerkraut balls in your future…

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We’ll be brewing Christmas Ale during the tour. The aroma of that brew is quite memorable. Hope to see lots of CU’rs!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Bump! Today! :D

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Barley’s is throwing sauerkraut balls at everyone who does the beer tasting today. The balls are cumpulsory. YOU HAVE TO EAT THEM.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

CU’s own Porky just “pitched” the yeast into our first batch of Christmas Ale of the year! Hopefully he will post pictures. The beer will be on tap early in November. There’ll be a little bit of Porky in it.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Is the Christmas Ale the same recipe every year?

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

alexs said:
    Is the Christmas Ale the same recipe every year?

It has been after experimentation the first couple years. The Smokehouse has a very strong variation, called “St. Nick’s Winter Warmer”. Look for a new variation “Behjün Nöel” at Barley’s #1 for our Nineteenth Anniversary Party, November 17th.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cool – sorry I missed today’s event but I shouldn’t leave Mom unattended at home for long.

I did have a brewery tour at Miami Trail in Xenia a few years ago, did you ever have any connections with them? They had a nice red ale among others. They were situated immediately on the Miami and they said they found arrowheads etc. when they built the place.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

My only connection was drinking their yummy beer.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Sounds like it was a lot of fun today! :D

Photo by Ray George:

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It WAS fun! How nice to come home and tell ThaMissus what a pleasure it was hosting such a great celebration. Kudos to Steve (Chillmaster) and Gabe (Green Leatherman) for holding down the brewery while I entertained . Columbus Underground is always welcome to celebrate at Barley’s.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yep it was a lot a fun, and educational!
    Thanks Angelo and staff!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Ha! Great photo! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘CU Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.