Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Comfest 2010

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Comfest 2010

This topic contains 285 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 311 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

Trixie wrote >>
    Did anyone read the article in the Dispatch today? Arts section? While I sympathize with the family of the kid who killed himself last year, I thought the sections in italics about him were manipulative and out of place.
    Comfest

+1

poor taste

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

I don’t see how the death last year plays into the rest of the article talking about the people who help run Comfest. Its like she meshed two articles into one with no cohesion. Am I missing something other than the typical stance of reporting the extreme which seems to be the only thing that keeps the news alive these days?

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

I don’t see how the death last year plays into the rest of the article talking about the people who help run Comfest. Its like she meshed two articles into one with no cohesion. Am I missing something other than the typical stance of reporting the extreme which seems to be the only thing that keeps the news alive these days?

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

sorry for the double post, Safari hickuped and I don’t know how to delete the post

Roland
    Participant

I always just squeezed my little bike into a spot right on Buttles.

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

Take the bus!
    COTA
    We’ve done the park and ride thing and it works out pretty well. Just trying to remember what time your bus leaves when you’ve had a few mugs of beer is a challenge.

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

Take the bus!
    COTA
    We’ve done the park and ride thing and it works out pretty well. Just trying to remember what time your bus leaves when you’ve had a few mugs of beer is a challenge.

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

Take the bus!
    COTA

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I live so close I’ll likely just walk. But I might feel like bringing the scoot down on Sunday.

But yeah…other people should do that bus thinger. It’s a good plan.

GW_Justice
    Participant

I thought the Dispatch article was good. Bryan Barbin’s death is a part of the story of this year’s fest.

And I think the uncertainty that was expressed about the future of ComFest was correct. Some people think the speculation about shutting down the fest is just bluster, I don’t think it is. If things go very wrong this year it could be the end of ComFest, maybe for a few years, maybe for ever.

I was thinking about how ComFest attendees can help keep things from going bad. Obviously, follow the rules. But also, if you see someone getting busted inside the park, keep it cool. Don’t yell at the cops, discourage others from escalating things. Use your cell phone or camera to document disturbances. Might help, who can say.

Cookie

GW_Justice wrote >>
    I thought the Dispatch article was good. Like it or not, Bryan Barbin’s death is a part of the story of this year’s fest.

More than anything, I thought it was really ham-fisted and hacky.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

Trixie wrote >>
    Did anyone read the article in the Dispatch today? Arts section? While I sympathize with the family of the kid who killed himself last year, I thought the sections in italics about him were manipulative and out of place.
    Comfest

+1
    poor taste

yes, and…

Cookie wrote >>

GW_Justice wrote >>
    I thought the Dispatch article was good. Like it or not, Bryan Barbin’s death is a part of the story of this year’s fest.

Yeah. I thought that the story was emotionally manipulative. The writer might as well just come out and say “You can only get LSD at Comfest and we all know LSD will make you kill yourself.”

Not that I expect much more from news writers, especially in this town.

I’m not the biggest Comfest fan, but that sure looked like a hit-piece to me.

berdawn

Cookie wrote >>

GW_Justice wrote >>

I could practically hear the plickly piano and strings.

dmorris614 wrote >>
    If you don’t like ComFest, don’t go. Period. We’ve been in an anti-growth phase lately; your absence would likely be appreciated. And if you don’t go, just keep your mouth shut when asked about our event, cool?

No, not cool. As long as your pot-stank party squats in my neighborhood, leaving its dregs strewn across our broken lawns, we will feel free to open our mouths about it even if we don’t go.

I know this is something you might find unwelcome, but free speech isn’t curtailed just because you say “cool bro?”.

Pardon the dupe post. Every time I posted , the feckin’ page timed out and said it didn’t post.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 311 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.