Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

Columbus Winter Beerfest January 11 and 12 2013

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Winter Beerfest January 11 and 12 2013

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Columbus Winter Beerfest @ Columbus Convention Center

Picture-36.png

2 BIG NIGHTS!

60+ Breweries!

300+ Craft Beers!

10,000 Craft Beer Fans!

1 Great Time!

Tickets on Sale Now!

Columbus Winter Beerfest 2013

Friday Jan. 11th & Saturday Jan. 12th, 2013 @ Columbus Convention Center

VIP Early Entry – $45 SPECIAL! $35 through 12/25 with promo code

Hour early entry, 8oz. souvenir sampling glass, 25 tasting tickets.

4:00 Line Processing Is Open (get your wristband, leave and come back and walk right in)

6:30 Doors Open

Regular Admission – $35 On sale 12/26

7:30pm Entry, 5oz. acrylic sampling cup, 25 tasting tickets

4:00 Line Processing Is Open (get your wristband, leave and come back and walk right in)

7:30 Doors Open

Designated Drivers – $15

includes $6 coupon for Food and Beverage at the Concession stands and coupon for $5 off Beerfest merchandise! Enter with VIP or Regular ticket holders.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Santa told my nephew to buy me a ticket for this. I’m looking forward to it as usual, but hoping they don’t allow standard ticket holders in early like last year. Please give us that early VIP cushion on the taps! I can’t wait to find my next favorite beer!

Discussion about last year’s Winter Beerfest: http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/columbus-winter-beerfest-returns-january-13-14-2012-save-big-until-1225/page/2

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve nervous to pull the trigger after all the crap I heard from people last year. Sigh.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Keep in mind that this year is two days vs. one. I also think that last year’s “early release”, as annoying as it was, was an accident. If they do it again, they’ll have a lot of angry people on their hands (maybe?).

Matt Boyd
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    I’ve nervous to pull the trigger after all the crap I heard from people last year. Sigh.

I went last year and while it got really freakin’ crowded, I didn’t run into too many straight up drunken’ fools acting like idiots.

I’m going again this year with more realistic expectations. You are not going to get access to a ton of brewpub only and special release type beers. However, I had no problem finding plenty of stuff to try that I had never had before, or oldies-but-goodies that I enjoyed throwing into the mix, or stuff from smaller Ohio-based breweries that we don’t get regular access to.

I found if you get a couple of other beer-minded friends with you and attack it together, it’s a good night. Plus, after the festival is over, you can stumble to one of the plethora of great Short North restauranst for some food.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I agree with everything you said, Matt. My ticket is for Friday event. I’m wondering if it is in the north or south side of the building. It makes a difference which side you try to enter on a cold Winter day!

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m overdue. The last related thing I went to was Barley’s Real Ale fest in 2010 or 2011, I can’t remember.

I guess I’ll go to this. Which day are you thinking Matt?

Matt Boyd
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    I’m overdue. The last related thing I went to was Barley’s Real Ale fest in 2010 or 2011, I can’t remember.

I guess I’ll go to this. Which day are you thinking Matt?

I honestly can’t remember what day I purchased tickets for. I’ll get back with you tonight when I go home and look at them. I think it was Saturday.

Personally, I’m just hoping Maumee Bay is there with their Amarillo Brillo, Breakfast Stout, and their Barleywine. Some Jackie O’s would be nice too.

To be honest, I just wish they would release the beer list already.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m doing VIP power hour and getting out before it gets overly crowded.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Which day? I want company, damnit.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rebecca Black.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

“Chh.. Chh.. Chh…… Ahh.. Ahh.. Ahh…..”

Matt Boyd
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I also got VIP. However, I am kinda accompanying some beerfest nubes…so I think I will be there most of the night. I’m sure they will quickly realize that you have no chance of actually using all your tickets unless you want to go to the hospital. I want to be sitting down at a place like Betty’s for some food no later than 9:30.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I remember going to an IPA/Barleywine fest at Barley’s Smokehouse a few years ago. Lessons were learned about pacing.

columbusbeerfest
    Login to Send PM

The Big Joe Duskin Music Foundation and their local partner the Columbus Jazz Arts Group thanks you for your continued support of our Beerfests. In 2012 in Columbus, over $30,000 went to support the Music In the Schools program that brings professional musicians into to underserved schools for performances and workshops. Over 14,000 students in Columbus were reached though this great program.

The Beer List is now posted for the 2013 Columbus Winter Beerfest Presented By CD102.5 that happens next weekend JANUARY 11 & 12! Most notably, we are back to 2 Big nights at the Columbus Convention Center, which lessens the crowd for each night. Last year, 7500 attended on the single night, and we’ve also lowered the capacity to 6500 per night. We’ve introduced 10 QUICKEE STATIONS throughout the Hall. These are booths spread around the Hall where people congregate, and where 12oz. beers of 10 brands are pre-poured in a Grab n Go format for a constantly moving line…and they lessen all the other lines. Just drop a ticket, Grab a beer and go for those times you just want to have a beer. :) We are over 315 craft beers (and still adding daily!); up from 275 last year. Lots of great additions and changes. As you may remember, the entry process at the Winter edition is fast and smooth. We’ve expanded the Coat Check area and Staff. We’ve got some new fun attractions and brought back old favorites. We’ll be in Halls E & F of the Convention Center in 125,000 square feet of Craft Beer awesomeness (the northern most Halls of the Center). Join us! Information and Print @ Home tickets are available at http://www.columbusbeerfest.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.