Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Winter Beerfest - Jan 17 & 18, 2014

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Winter Beerfest – Jan 17 & 18, 2014

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Columbus Winter Beerfest

January 17th, 18th 2014

2 Big Nights, 300+ Craft Beers, Thousands Of Craft Beer Fans.

Join us as we celebrate great craft beer from down the street & around the country at the 4th Annual Columbus Winter Beerfest! Breweries and beer enthusiasts from across the region will gather on two Winter evenings for a sampling of fresh beers of all colors, styles, and tastes and a whole lotta fun! WE’VE EXPANDED again….2X the space as last year! Over 225,000 square feet of Craft Beer Awesomeness in the greater Columbus Convention Center! Come join the fun!!

MORE: http://www.columbusbeerfest.com

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

anyone else going? I’m going on saturday

ricospaz
    Participant

haha lets see I went last year and almost stepped in puke, indoors. my friend later broke both of his hands punching a fence outside a bar. I may just say no this year. But it was a good time!

Matt Boyd
    Participant

I usually go to the Winter event; however, this year I am skipping the beerfest and saving my one annual “go get really drunk” evening and attending Founder’s KBS day in April.

Yes, I only allow myself one night per year to get smashed being that we have two young children who don’t give a damn whether Daddy’s hung over….they want to play.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I’m thinking about it…
    This one is usually so crowded that you can be elbow to elbow sometimes.
    The price just keeps going up and up, hard for me to feel like I get my money’s worth @ $40 each.
    And the 5 oz. “souvenir” acrylic mug, let’s just say that it’s not my ideal beer vessel.

Anonymous

Porky said:
    And the 5 oz. “souvenir” acrylic mug, let’s just say that it’s not my ideal beer vessel.

Porky, if you go, come see me and I’ll get you a proper glass.

I’m saving a cask of our Bourbon Meyer Buckeye Stout for this. Russian Imperial aged in a freshly dumped barrel and conditioned with cacao and peanut butter (powder). It’ll be making its debut this Firkin Friday, which I believe coincides with some kind of sports event.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

0Angle said:

I’m saving a cask of our Bourbon Meyer Buckeye Stout for this. Russian Imperial aged in a freshly dumped barrel and conditioned with cacao and peanut butter (powder). It’ll be making its debut this Firkin Friday, which I believe coincides with some kind of sports event.

nice! I think I might know where I’m watching the game now.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

0Angle said:

Consider this me also complaining about the glassware!

Anonymous

ntn said:
    Consider this me also complaining about the glassware!

Hah.
    First come, first served.

EatDrinkColumbus
    Participant

I have 1 VIP ticket for Saturday’s session (1/18).

VIP access lets you enter at 6:30 pm instead of 7:30 pm, which gives you a magical hour to try a bunch of beers before the crowds roll in. You will also receive an 8 oz glass instead of the regular 5 oz, for bigger pours.

Face value of ticket is $60. You can no longer purchase tickets online, you can only purchase VIP tickets at the door for $60. Purchased for $40, asking $30.

Message me if interested.

EatDrinkColumbus
    Participant

n/a

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I went last night and had a great time. Yes there were a lot of people but I don’t think I waited in any lines longer than 10 minutes. It never felt really crowed to me. It was a bit amateur hour towards the end but that can be expected with lots of people not use to drinking mostly 7%+ abv beers.

I will go again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Looking for a new apartment or condo?

Explore what Bridge Park has to offer at our upcoming Urban Living Tour on Sunday, October 29th! Tickets are only $10 in advance or $20 day-of, and include a drink ticket for the AC Hotel bar!

CLICK HERE FOR $10 TICKETS