Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Columbus Vets

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Columbus Vets

This topic contains 46 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Steggo 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Steggo
    Login to Send PM

A couple of question about veternarians in Columbus…

- How much does a visit generally cost?

- Can anyone recommend a good/somewhat cheap vet?

- Anyone use the OSU vet teaching hospital? are they any cheaper than going to a normal vet?

I have a small framed cat that thinks eating is a competitive sport with her sister and occassionally overindulges, and I’m also concerned that she might have a urinary infection, so now that I’m recently moved into a new house, I want to head off any problems.

I’ve also considered getting them fixed and declawed (we’re trying softpaws, but that seems kind of tragic for them as far as getting them applied – but then again, I would imagine suddenly not having claws after 4 years would be pretty tragic, too)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Dr. Sears @ Great Southern Animal Hospital

http://www.greatsouthernanimal.com/

best vet in Columbus, very reasonably priced.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Beer, Daniel W DVM – Care Pet Clinic

(614) 252-4353

785 E Main St, Columbus, OH 43205

http://local.yahoo.com/info-15438333-beer-daniel-w-dvm-care-pet-clinic-columbus

he’s the vet that also does the low-cost vaccination clinics at Petco(Wednesdays) and at his office(saturdays). call for details.

turnedNOTburned
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

HUGE fan of Chittenden Animal Clinic, east of OSU Campus, sorta….

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

We take our dogs to Care. It’s really cheap.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

turnedNOTburned wrote HUGE fan of Chittenden Animal Clinic, east of OSU Campus, sorta….

seconded. they are good as well.

FYI NEVER….EVER….EVER….NEVER….(did i stress this enough yet?) go to

Grandview Animal Clinic

1510 W 1st Ave

Columbus, OH 43212

Phone: (614) 486-9595

Chittenden Animal Clinic was AWESOME at fixing the mistakes made by the Grandview Animal Clinic.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lifeliberty wrote Beer, Daniel W DVM – Care Pet Clinic

(614) 252-4353

785 E Main St, Columbus, OH 43205

http://local.yahoo.com/info-15438333-beer-daniel-w-dvm-care-pet-clinic-columbus

he’s the vet that also does the low-cost vaccination clinics at Petco(Wednesdays) and at his office(saturdays). call for details.

+5 I love Dr BEER

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

Steggo wrote I’ve also considered getting them fixed and declawed (we’re trying softpaws, but that seems kind of tragic for them as far as getting them applied – but then again, I would imagine suddenly not having claws after 4 years would be pretty tragic, too)

I tried Softpaws with my first kitty. They all pop off at different times and are a bitch to keep up with.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I love Dr. Kristen Caudy at Village Gate Animal Hospital in Grandview-ish. She’s really compassionate.

Steggo
    Login to Send PM

Cookie wrote
    Steggo wrote I’ve also considered getting them fixed and declawed (we’re trying softpaws, but that seems kind of tragic for them as far as getting them applied – but then again, I would imagine suddenly not having claws after 4 years would be pretty tragic, too)

I tried Softpaws with my first kitty. They all pop off at different times and are a bitch to keep up with.

We’re discovering this… not to mention, my cats just aren’t thrilled with being held down and glued up. My sweet little angel will growl and hiss and my devious cat is REALLY good at looking and sounding pathetic/betrayed.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I just keep the cat claws trimmed and have a scratching post I built for them to use if they want to scratch and stretch out. as long as I keep them trimmed there are no scratches on anything and I dont’ bleed when they jump on me.

chrisgillespie
    chrisgillespie
    Login to Send PM

Our vet is Worthington Woods Animal Care. Dr. Miller is excellent. We did, however, use OSU vet hospital for both of Harley’s TPLO surgeries. There was only one other place in Columbus performing this type of knee surgery on dogs. OSU was cheaper, closer to our house, and the surgery was performed by a teacher certified in the procedure. All around best choice for us. The service is slower there than at a regular vet, but I would think if you want to save some money, it could be an excellent option. Carl’s Mom used to take horses there.

We adore Worthington Woods, who care for our dogs and cats. Because they are not in our neighborhood, we did try 2 other vets nearby, but were not as happy with the facilities at either, and even the vet at one. We have not tried Chittenden, and are considering them because we’ve heard so much good about them. However, WW has seen us through 3 major surgeries on Harley (2 TPLO for which they did the diagnosis and aftercare, and surgery and after-care when she was impaled on a fence). We also had an 18 year old lab/doberman mix who died last year. She was too old to travel, and had become incontinent. They boarded her when we traveled, and cared for her so sweetly. They really are wonderful. Just wish they were in the city.

dbteach01
    Login to Send PM

Never, EVER go to Kristen Caudy in the Grandview area. We boarded our 4 dogs there over the weekend last year and all four dogs came back to us COVERED IN URINE AND FECES. Additionally Kristen Caudy and her workers did not give our elderly dog her medicine, did not feed them the proper food, overcharged us, AND lost the dog bowls that we gave them! When I asked the office manager about this he said, “SOMETIMES THAT HAPPENS.”

I now take my animals to NorthStar Animal Clinic on Fifth Avenue. Dr. Adam Parsons is wonderful…I highly, highly recommend him.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I like Dr. Dan Mumford at Clintonville Animal Clinic on High Street near Weber.

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

I think I went to Mumford years ago when I was in the Short North and really liked him too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?