Our City Online

Messageboard - Classifieds

CU Job Posting - Part-Time Food Writer/Blogger - FILLED

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Classifieds CU Job Posting – Part-Time Food Writer/Blogger – FILLED

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Edit: This job application is open through Friday, November 30th at 11:59pm. If you’d like to apply, please do so before then. Thanks!

ColumbusUnderground.com is looking for a creative, knowledgable hard-working, goal-oriented, food writer/blogger to join our team and grow with us.

Prior writing experience required. You will be creating unique content on a weekly basis for this highly local and highly regarded website. We have been in the market for over 11 years and are looking to grow and expand our readership.

This position requires creating food-based news content, writing reviews, conducting interviews over the phone, email and in person. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and personable.

Part-Time – Approx 10 hours per week.

You will need your own laptop computer (mac or pc) and phone.

Compensation: Part-Time Salary

Please send cover letter and resume with references to info@columbusunderground.com.

Thanks!

billbix
    Login to Send PM

I hope Melanie will still be writing some.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

She will. Melanie’s not going anywhere. ;)

This is a new position.

Kid Rockafella
    Login to Send PM

What’s this job pay?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

It’s negotiable. You can send salary requirements along with resume and cover letter.

Feel free to send any other questions to info@columbusunderground.com.

Thanks!

bzarcher
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Just curious – does the writing experience have to be food writing, or would a non-food portfolio be considered?

dogfart
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

negotiable how

or do you mean negligible

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

bzarcher said:
    Just curious – does the writing experience have to be food writing, or would a non-food portfolio be considered?

Food writing preferred. Non-food writing considered. ;)

dogfart said:
    negotiable how

or do you mean negligible

A great example of what negotiable does not mean.

ToddAnders
    ToddAnders
    Blocked
    Login to Send PM

I’m sure it will pay b/t $9-$14/hr no benefits and you can expect 10-20 hours a week; great job for a Mom at home/student.

Love of food, a plus.

dogfart
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

yeah right

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Get a room you two.

ToddAnders
    ToddAnders
    Blocked
    Login to Send PM

Only if he/she DogFart does not fart in their sleep; so you’re telling me my description is way off? If so, great for you and the applicant.

dogfart
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

i just dont understand paying someone hourly to contribute pieces

also cant fathom submitting a resume to “work” for columbus underground

thats just me though

ToddAnders
    ToddAnders
    Blocked
    Login to Send PM

I don’t see anything wrong with the posting; just with all other job postings, people just need to know simple things; what do you want me to do, and how much are you willing to pay me for this task.

I have a feeling that this posting is not a salary position; it is what it is and should be found via a college student who is dumb I mean wanting to learn enough about business to work part time.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

ToddAnders said:
    So you’re telling me my description is way off? If so, great for you and the applicant.

As the original post states, it’s a part time 10 hour per week position. And as I said before, the salary is negotiable. If you know of anyone good who is looking for this type of position, send them our way. I’d appreciate it.

dogfart said:
    i just dont understand paying someone hourly to contribute pieces

also cant fathom submitting a resume to “work” for columbus underground

thats just me though

It’s fine if you don’t understand. We’ve gotten several great applications thus far. You can stick to writing for Done Waiting and it’s a win-win for everyone! Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?