Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Columbus Skyline on South Park "Obama Wins" episode

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Skyline on South Park "Obama Wins" episode

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Corrin Radd 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Corrin Radd
    Login to Send PM

Did anyone else notice that when Cartman traveled to Ohio to steal the ballots, the show established the location with a drawing of the actual Columbus skyline in the South Park style? Pretty cool. The people standing in line there to vote appeared to be mostly farmers, but still pretty cool. Has the actual skyline ever appeared in a movie or tv show before?

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I saw that. Everyone in line to vote was ugly. figures.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

peanutnozone
    peanutnozone
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

They also put Ohio in Central Time, apparently. Actually I have heard quite a few people think of Ohio as in CST. (Or maybe there were referring to something else? Isn’t South Park in Colorado? That would be Mountain Time, no?)

But wow, most accurate (visual) representation I’ve ever seen of Columbus in a show, and an animated one at that. Not too long ago (last season I wanna say) They featured Columbus in Family Guy, and the skyline was next to nothing and not at all accurate. I expected more out of Seth McFarlane!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128033433/familyguy/images/5/5b/ColumbusOhio.png

Lookit. No building in there looks anything like Columbus!

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’d imagine there are more than a few photos from that vantage point floating around on the intertubes, but I’d like to think they used this one as reference.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

drew said:
    I’d imagine there are more than a few photos from that vantage point floating around on the intertubes, but I’d like to think they used this one as reference.

I actually googled images of Columbus skyline and none of them matched…that one matches perfectly!

Too cool.

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That’s also exactly the view CNN was putting their reporters in front of when they were hear for a few days. So national viewers of both got a double dose, real and drawn.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

drew said:

Wow! Very nice! ;)

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

this surprisingly accurate cartoon portrayal of the election process includes the “welcome to ohio” sign… from a few years ago with Ted Strickland’s name on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDqsX3IscQ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?