Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

Columbus Plays a Major Role in new film "Zombieland"

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Columbus Plays a Major Role in new film “Zombieland”

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Neil Jaye Neil Jaye 4 years, 6 months ago.

Tagged

movies

Zombies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Neil Jaye
    Neil Jaye
    Login to Send PM

Okay sorta…

One of the main characters, played by Jesse Eisenberg, is named Columbus since the character is from Columbus, Ohio. I thought it was funny when I was reading early reviews (which rates at 92% on RT)

I plan to see this movie over the weekend. Are any of you planning on seeing this flick over the weekend or already seen it and have opinions?

Tenzo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thought you were going to refer to the city council

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

Neil Jaye wrote >>
    Okay sorta…
    One of the main characters, played by Jesse Eisenberg, is named Columbus since the character is from Columbus, Ohio. I thought it was funny when I was reading early reviews (which rates at 92% on RT)
    I plan to see this movie over the weekend. Are any of you planning on seeing this flick over the weekend or already seen it and have opinions?

Plan to see it Friday. I wish it was playing at Studio 35 so I could see it and Paranormal Activity in one night.

Brant
    Login to Send PM

I hope the character drives a fancy car with religious vanity plates.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Brant Jones wrote >>
    I hope the character drives a fancy car with religious vanity plates.

lol

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

+2 lol’s

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Just saw this tonight. Great “zom-com” that isn’t quite as intelligent as Fido or Shaun of the Dead, but still a lot of fun.

The main character being “Columbus” was pretty damn awesome. Lots of applause on that. The actor portraying the character did a pretty accurate Michael Cera impression, which I guess is a little bit better than watching Michael Cera do his shtick.

The actress who plays as Witchita does a pretty good Jenny Jarvis impression too. ;)

And hats off to Bill Murray for one of the best cameo appearances ever.

Gore + Comedy + Columbus References = Pretty good flick to catch on the big screen.

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really enjoyed it. The Bill Murray cameo was hilarious!

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

DavidF wrote >>
    I really enjoyed it. The Bill Murray cameo was hilarious!

Yes, it was!

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I went and saw this Friday. Man I really liked the movie over all. I will admit the opening scenes made me grind my teeth. Lol
    We went to the Movie Tavern to see it. This was my first trip there and I must say it was pretty cool.
    Comfortable seats, Beer, and food wile we watched. I thought the food was pretty good not the best but it worked. If you have never been check it out it’s in Millrun.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Saw this last night at lenox. I agree with all of the posts above. Not run out you must see it now awesome… but still pretty damn good.

cmhcow
    cmhcow
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

earlier today, i knocked over my alcohol with my knife.

then i laughed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?